Oil and Water

I'm sitting in my office, pacing up and down as I stare out my window. This is bad. Really bad. Enforcers dead. Checkpoint blown to smithereens. And a dead sheriff. This does not look good for the Undercity.

A knock is then heard at my door. I stop pacing, turning towards it as the door opens, in walking an Enforcer.

" Councillor, I have come to inform you that we still haven't found the perpetrator." He speaks up.

" Then what are you doing here? Get out there and keep searching!" I shout.

He jumps when I shouted, saluting me before walking out the door as Mel came in.

" Well, that was a reaction." She speaks up, making me sigh.

" I don't know what I'm gonna do." I sigh, sitting down in my chair.

" You will figure it out. You always do." She tells me, coming closer to the desk.

" Yeah, maybe this time I won't." I shake my head, leaning my head in my hands.

" Hey." She says, grabbing my chin and turning it towards her.

" You will figure this out Jacksons. I know you will." She tells me, staring into my eyes.

" I think I know who did it." I tell her, catching her off guard as she lets go of my face.

" Who?" She asks.

" I can't say yet. I have to look into this more." I tell her.

" Alright. But keep me updated." She tells me.

" Ms Medarda." An Enforcer says, coming into the room.

" You have guests waiting for you." He tells her.

She looks towards me, giving me a smile before heading towards the door. She walks out the door, leaning back to give me one last look before she leaves.

What am I going to do.

————————

It's been a few hours now and I have decided to make more antidote to distraction myself from what happened. I sigh, leaning back and pinching the bridge of my nose. I reach into my pocket, pulling out the piece of wing I got from the bridge.

How could she have fallen so far? What did he put in her head? I should have been there for her. I've been here, this whole time and she was too.

A knock is then heard from my door, making me turn to it. An enforcer comes in, looking around a bit concerned as he sees the massive cauldron of blood.

" Uh, Ms Medarda has requested to see you." He tells me.

" I will be there soon." I tell him.

He nods and leaves the room. I sigh, pulling the needle from my arm as I grab my jacket. I walk out of my lab, going to head down the hall.

" Oh, councillor, she isn't that way. She's in the baths." He tells me, confusing me.

I turn around, walking the other way towards the baths. I turn the corner, people guarding the doors, but they weren't enforcers. The bared a house emblem of a house I don't recognise.

The opened the door for me and I walked in, immediately being hit with a gust of steam. I walked up the steps to the centre bath, a woman in there with a man messaging her shoulders.

I immediately looked to the ceiling as the woman was butt ass naked. What is this? I thought Mel wanted do see me.

" Do they teach military history at your academy Ms Smith?" She asks.