🖌 Infatuation

Lyra;

"Ms. Garcia if you don't stop daydreaming in my class, I'm going to have to talk to your mother." Professor Benjamin put his hands on his hips.

That man's sass is going to be the end of me.

When 20 minutes were left in class the professor asked us to take out our project essays. "Who would like to read their favorite part of their essay?"

A few hands shot up. Including mine. Thanks to apollo finishing his part and giving it to me, I was able to complete this project.

Apollo. He must've left the campus by now. It made me feel sad thinking about my newfound friend that left me not even 24 hours ago.

"Ms. Garcia, I thought you knew you didn't have to do this project."

"Yes, I knew that, but I was able to complete it, thanks to apollo."

"Well, even though he's not here anymore, we can listen to both of your works. Go on, read it." He encouraged me.

I stood up from my seat but stayed put in my place as I started reading my favorite part of the essay.

"This essay is about the law of attraction; I'm going to read my favorite part from it. It says: 'Mainly, the law of attraction is based on the belief that positive thoughts bring positive experiences into a person's life and vice versa. There is no empirical scientific evidence supporting the law of attraction. Even if, what's stopping us from believing in it? If you believe you deserve happiness and that you're worth experiencing the joy in the world, then you will attract it. For example, I believe that I deserve happiness in the form of chocolate. OH look, there's a chocolate bar in my pocket. What a coincidence!'" I took out a chocolate bar I'd hidden in my pocket and waved it around.

I continued reading my essay. "'Apollo Davis and I, Lyra Garcia, seem to agree to disagree on one thing in our essay, that is: The law attraction cannot attract a person's love to you. While he agrees with that, I disagree. To me, if someone's love will be a source of positivity and happiness in your life, then they will stumble upon you someday.'" I sat back down as the class started clapping. Mr. Benjamin looked at me with a proud smile gracing his face.

The Bell rang and the class started slowly leaving

"I'm sure Apollo would be happy to see how that essay turned out, even if he's not here to read it." Mr. Benjamin smiled at me once I descended from the hall's stairs. I nodded.

"Who says I didn't hear it?"

I almost got whiplash from how fast I turned towards the source of the voice. If I moved any faster, I would've snapped my neck.

"Mr. Davis?"

"Looks like I changed my plans. I made a new friend last night that can't survive without me. So, I came back." He simply shrugged throwing me one of his signature smirks.

"Apollo!" I ran as fast as my small feet could carry me and hugged apollo with so much force that could've sent him toppling on the floor if he wasn't balanced.

"I was right, you'd miss me too much. I felt too guilty to leave you here. You might die from loneliness after all." He moved his hand across my back.

I pulled back from the hug and smiled at him. "Whatever the real reason is, I'm glad your back."

"I knew you would be." I smacked his shoulder.

"Since you're back, give me back my canvas." I extended my hand, palm up, ushering to hand over my gift.

"Not ever, you're never getting it back. If you want to see it, you have to ask for permission now." He made a heart with his index and middle fingers.

"Not fair! I made that." I slapped away his handmade heart.

"Life isn't fair I guess." He smiled then turned away and started leaving the class.

"Apollo!" I rushed over to him

"Mr. Davis?" Apollo stopped in his tracks, making me smack my face on his back. He hummed a 'yeah?' after flicking my forehead.

"I'm glad your back." Mr. Benjamin smiled at him.

"Thank you. I guess I'm glad I'm back too." Apollo looked at me for a second.

"Mr. Benjamin! That's it? I smacked my face into his rock-hard back for you to say 4 words?" I groaned and dragged a hand over my face like apollo always does.

What? I'm learning from my friend.

He just gives me a sly smirk and turns back to his work. That professor is causing my slow death.

Both Apollo and I walk out of the lecture hall, heading to our next class. "I'm glad your back." I smile up at him, but curiosity gets the best of me. "But what changed your mind? Why did you even want to leave?"

He sighs like he knew this inevitable conversation was coming. "You know Faith, right?" I nod my head to that question. "We've known each other since high school. She recently came to visit and take me back home with her. I asked her to because I had nothing here. I had no friends, I had no inspiration for my music, I didn't enjoy my classes. I felt so lost and..." he searched for the right word.

"Lonely?" I answered

"I guess that's one of the feelings that compelled me to leave. Then you came along with the project. I slowly started enjoying class when you were around, not because you were fun to be around. If anything you're annoying." he winked at me as he said that.

"But you made me feel like I had someone to talk to. When you came to my dorm, I was so surprised. You didn't have any source of communication with me, yet you still managed to find me. You gave me a speech about how much you care about your education, then...you said we were friends. What made me so sure that I was staying was when I packed your painting and placed it in my car. I felt like I was making the wrong choice." He shrugged his shoulders.

I frowned. "I guess in a way, you made me feel like I had someone that understood at least a bit me. It's the small things. Like when you made sure to look after me when I mixed classes, or when you finished your part of the essay, so I didn't have to fail the project, or when you secretly fix my mistakes when we write in English class."

"I'm glad I didn't leave." Apollo smiled at me.

"I'm glad you didn't, too." I hit his arm with my elbow.

"Come on, you have class. Make sure you check your schedule, so you don't attend political history instead." He teased.

"You're never letting that go, are you?" He shook his head confirming my suspicions. I guess today was the day Apollo Davis truly entered my life. It was also the day my life changed for the better.

➽───────────────❥

Hey queens!

i hope u all like it so far <33

Love, mariecurie023