♫ Love

Apollo;

"You don't have to pay, you know that?"

"I know, I still want to." I paid for the corndogs I bought for Lyra and I.

Lyra and our friend group decided on going to the carnival beside the seashore today, and who am I to say 'no' to Lyra's wishes?

"Let's ride the rollercoaster, there!" Max raised his arm towards the ride. We all ran after him trying to catch up. We stood in line, which was extremely long, to say the least. We were relieved when we reached the front and immediately gave the man at the ride our tickets.

"Sorry sir, you can't go on. Your ticket is for another ride." The man returned my ticket after examining it. I only just realized now that I was given the wrong ticket.

"Can't you just let it slide this time? We can go get the ticket after we get on the ride. The line is very long." Lyra tried bargaining to no avail.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that." He shook his head.

"What do you mean you can't do that? You're taking away his rights to ride this rollercoaster! You are a happiness vampire, sucking all the happiness from young people's souls!" Lyra threw another one of her dramatic tantrums.

"Lyra, I'm fine, we can go on it together another time. Now go or you're going to lose your turn." I ushered them. Everyone except Lyra got in the carts.

"Go," I softly pushed her. "you're making a big deal out of this."

She glared at me. "No, I'm not. Now go, you're going to miss your ride!" She chuckled and shoved her ticket in my hand. This woman has more strength than a grizzly bear.

Or it's probably because I enjoy letting her have her way. I smiled at her small figure. "Apollo go on!" She laughed.

I sighed and walked toward the cart. At the last second, I turned back and pulled Lyra into a hug. "Thank you."

She looked up at me with her eyebrows raised. "Why? I gave you a ticket, Apollo, not my kidney." She smacked the back of my head.

"For caring," I smiled then turned back towards the carts.

Before the ride started, I saw Lyra holding a camera in her hand, taking pictures of us. "Say cheese!" She snapped a picture of us when we waved at her as the ride started moving.

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

Sitting at a table inside an ice cream shop, we all talked about the various things we wanted to do in the future. Every one of us had their own plan after college. The oldest ones between us were Aphrodite and Elias, who were both in their third year.

"What about you apollo?" Elizabeth asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know what I want to do specifically, but I know it has to do with music. Maybe open a record label."

"Make sure to hire me, I have a beautiful voice." Elias started singing, giving us a sample of his harmonious voice.

"I'll keep that in mind." I was grateful that he stopped singing. If he continued, I may have needed to buy a new eardrum off the black market.

"And you, Lyra?" Aphrodite turned towards her.

"Hm?" Lyra came out of her trance, another thing she frequently does, like she has a whole living in her head that she would rather be in.

"what's your biggest goal? What do you want to do after college?"

She stayed silent for a minute with a thoughtful expression on her face, then her eyes widened like she got the most brilliant idea. If we were in a cartoon, a light bulb would pop up beside her head and suddenly light up.