♫ Adoration

Apollo;

I've only recently realized something. I'm an old man.

At 20 years old, I managed to develop a backache, hip problems, and learn how to complain like an old man. My short time in jail, which was 4 hours, made me this new man.

Once the officers threw me in a holding cell within their station, I made new friends; the walls, Gerald, and the fluorescent light bulb that's attached to the ceiling and currently swinging around. I May have also tipped over the edge of sanity.

"The process in which a solid changes directly into a vapor without melting is sublimination." I also started spewing out scientific information.

"Are you sure you're a music major, not a chemist?" Gerald grumbled. He had to deal with my symptoms of insanity for the past 4 hours, which was enough time for us to get to know each other.

"I'm going insane." I groaned.

"No, you're just bored. Stop whining and let me sleep." He leaned back on his arm which was bent behind his head, acting as a pillow as he laid on the floor. Gerald is a man in his 70s, who's in pretty good shape. His body is very healthy for a man his age, good enough to allow him to punch a 13-year-old boy, break his nose, and get himself locked up in this cell.

"Remind me why you punched that kid in the face?"

"He said that peanut butter sucks." I almost choked on air.

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "What would you do if I told you the same thing?"

"I would kick you into oblivion, no one insults peanut butter in my presence and gets away with it." He threw me a menacing glare from across the cell that silenced me.

A few minutes passed in silence, till I decided to voice my thoughts.

"This place isn't as bad as I thought, besides the freezing walls, the leaking ceilings, and the torturous boredom." I started getting used to the life of a criminal.

"You've only been here for 4 hours you retarded musician." Gerald threw his shoe at me. In jail, this gesture means 'I love you'.

I don't think that's true, but I'm the one that makes the rules here.

"Apollo Davis," the guard outside the cell called for me.

"Yeah?"

"You're leaving, your aunt is here to pick you up." I stood up so fast I almost dislocated my old man hips.

"Oh, thank God! Goodbye Gerald, I guess the life of a criminal isn't for me." I saluted the old man.

"Just get him out of here, I couldn't get a wink of rest for the past 4 hours." Gerald complained to the guard, who in return dragged me out of the cell.

We walked towards a desk with a man, who made me sign a few things, and gave me back my belongings.

"So, where's my aunt?" I asked, still confused. The last time I saw my aunt was last year.

"Here she is," He pointed towards a woman with light brown hair, sitting on a chair, her back facing me.

"Hey aunt-" I was cut off by Lyra turning around and embracing me.

"Aunt Lyra is here to save her favorite nephew," She hugged me and gave my cheeks a pat.

"What...?" I whispered.

"You idiot just go on with it, they wouldn't let your dad take you out of here, so I posed as your aunt." She whispered back

"You're younger than me." I raised a brow.