A note from the author

This book was my escape from most of my time in school. I had exams and still wrote because I needed something to distract me. I got an idea for a book from the Arabic song 'Under the jasmine tree' and decided to bring it to life.

More likely write it on paper. Or a word document but that's not the point.

I needed to tell a story of a girl who was truly beautiful inside and out, but she wasn't perfect. I wanted to tell a story of a girl who loved her family, but she wasn't the perfect sister and daughter. I wanted to tell the story of a girl who wanted to find love. I wanted to tell my story. I also wanted a dark haired, handsome, ripped musician that loves to read book to fall in love with me, so I wrote that.

Lyra was written to rotary me, whether it's in a way I want to be or in a way I truly. Her dark curly hair and brown eyes and blemishes are all part of me.

But not the artist part, I can't paint a sculpture of Eros and Psych in an hour.

This story may not be accurate at times, but this is because it's a timeline of my progress as a person who loves writing. I personally believe that I'm a different person that I was when I first started writing this, even slightly, just like I felt after finishing my other stories. Every story I wrote added something new to me.

And I hope that afteryou finish this story that you feel better than before. Slightly happier,slightly more hopeful, whatever it is, because I felt slightly more alivebecause of this story. I hope you enjoyed Under the jasmine tree.