♫ Madness

Apollo;

They say 'ignorance is bliss'.

Yeah, whoever the fuck said that must've looked in the mirror and saw a frog, not a human.

My feelings seem to enjoy haunting me and then tricking me with a few moments of clear-headedness, only to continue to haunt me again. Every time I try to ignore them, I get even more perplexed, and they become beyond chaotic.

Those same feelings make my stomach flutter and my heart pound harder. To add to that, everything the driver said last night confused me even more.

So, no, ignorance isn't bliss when you're staring at yourself in the mirror of your bathroom thinking of the way your heart trembles in excitement every time you hear a certain girl's voice and asking that reflection, is it normal to feel so giddy and anxious when she's around?

Is it normal to know that her voice gets an octave higher when she's stressed?

Is it normal to pay attention to everything she does, like the way she fiddles with her nails when she's zoning out?

Is it normal to want to spend the rest of your life in solitude with the person you met less than a year ago?

Is it normal to ignore the small moments filled with not-so-platonic actions and not address them in the slightest?

Frankly, I do not think so.

A normal person wouldn't get in their bathroom to take a shower, then forget that they need to get out of it because of how long they were thinking.

A normal person also wouldn't have a personal grudge with a cat called Aleah...but that's something to unpack later.

"If you're trying to cook a spaghetti bath, today isn't the day Apollo." There is it, her voice is an octave higher.

What's a spaghetti bath anyway? I thought, trying to ignore the way my heart beamed at the sound of her voice.

The sound of the faucet running filled my ears as I tried to wash the overthinking off my face. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist, then slowly left the bathroom.

"Maybe I can tell them I'm sick with a deadly virus?" she sat on my bed with Aleah on her lap and rushed to grab a book scattered around her once I got back in the room with water droplets running down my torso.

"Stop procrastinating. They're your parents, they just want to check on you. Besides, don't you want to see your siblings?" I walked towards my closet.

"Yes but-" Lyra cleared her throat, "I...uh..." she grumbled the last part.

"What was that?" I wore a pair of black jeans and grabbed a white dress shirt that went well with them.

"Never mind!" She replied then continued reading one of the books scattered on my bed. I walked back to my bed and put the dress shirt on it then looked up to read the title of the book she was reading.

"What book are you reading?" I asked, trying to contain my twitching lips.

"Algebra. It's very enlightening."

I raised a brow. "How does the Pythagoras theorem look like...upside down?" Her face instantly flushed behind the book she was holding upside down.

I don't have any algebra books lying around in my dorm anyway.

Lyra tried to pull off a confused face. "What? No way! I was so intrigued with the variables, I forgot to notice it was flipped!" she turned the book the right way up but continued peeking from behind the book.