Training (pt. 1)

I can believe I actually got the job. I love working with kids so this should be a breeze. I've already done plenty of volunteer work with kids so actually getting paid will be nice.

———————————————————————————————
THAT MORNING

I woke up and practically ran to get ready. Ive never been a big morning person so getting up at 5 in the morning was going to be quite the adjustment. I drank a protein shake for breakfast and started getting ready.

I put on my uniform, and it was so adorable. It was a yellow button down with orange/yellow/white color block pants. The pants were really comfortable and the clothes were too thick, which would be great so I don't die if heatstroke while chasing down a kid. I quickly styled my hair and quickly left the apartment.

Luckily for me, I was training on a maintenance day, so I didn't have to worry about any costumers or kids. The drive was only 12 minutes from my house and was a pretty easy drive. That was a big relief for me since I am pretty new to driving, and I didn't wanna spend so much money on gas.

I finally arrived, and I felt like a. kid walking into a candy store. The place was absolutely massive. The bright neon sign that read "Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria" with Freddy and the Gang gave off a retro 80's vibe. The inside was lined with pictures of the gang and the history of the building. I couldn't believe there was so much history to this franchise. I walked over to the front desk and was greeted by a frail elderly lady.

"Why hello there youngster! I'm sorry but we aren't open today due to a maintenance check up." The lady said.

"Oh, I'm not a costumer. I'm training today. I'm the daycare assistant." I replied, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh my I'm very sorry! Well, here are your belongings and head to the main hall and you'll find the manager waiting for you."

"Thank you!" I shouted as I continued through the main entrance.

I looked down to see what she gave me. It was all wrapped up in a little goody bag, like the ones I would receive at the dentist when I was little. It had a locker key, a watch, a flashlight, and a security pass. I had no idea where my locker (or really anything) was so I just continued walking down the hall until I could find some directions.

"HI TAKE A MAP"

My soul flew right out of my body. I look to find a tall, lean bot staring a me with a sash to carry their maps.

"You know— it's not really nice to do that y'know?" I replied while carefully taking the map from the bot. I really hope I don't have to run into that every time I have to come in, or I'm gonna need to up my therapy hours for that.

I looked down at the map, and saw where the manager wanted to meet. I walked down the halls looking at all the bots and stores around me. After venturing down the halls for a bit, I finally found my manager and I waved hello.

"Hey! Glad to see ya showed up on time," the manger said, "And I see you picked up your belongings from the front office."

"Yep! the place is so much bigger than it is in the photos!"

"Don't worry, you'll get used to the layout within a couple weeks," the manager replied, "So, I had already discussed the general stuff to you on the phone yesterday. I just need to show you where the daycare is and how the FazWatch works"

"Okay, also I never picked you name up on the phone last night" I replied.

"Oh, apologies, I'm Amanda"

"Nice to meet you, Amanda! I'm y/n!"

"Oh speaking of names, I have to get you name tag printed off, so I'll have that to you sometime this week"

"Sounds good!" I replied.

She showed the basics of the watch and it works like your standard Apple Watch, so that wasn't too difficult. And the daycare ended up not being too far away from the central area, which was convenient.

"Thank you so much for the help Amanda!" I replied before getting ready to head in to the daycare.

"WAIT!" she shouted, stopping me in my tracks, "I totally forgot to tell you, but you have to keep the lights on at all times. We have a backup generators in case the lights go out but the robot always freaks out when the lights go off" She said goodbye and quickly left to take care of other things.

'Well I didn't know I was working with a robot, so thanks for the heads up' I thought to myself before heading down the slide.

[817 Words]