Hide and Seek

SHORT CHAPTER SORRY :(

ILL TRY TO YET THE NEXT ONE OUT BY TOMORROW OR WEDNESDAY

I looked down at the note and blushed wildly. He called me  his sunshine. He reminded me so much of him it drove me nuts. I felt a tear start to roll down my cheek, and I quickly wiped it before walking back into the daycare.

I was greeted by Sun running to tightly embrace me.  His embrace was secure and comforting. It felt warm, despite his appearance, he was surprisingly soft. He felt so realistic.

"Oh SUNSHINE YOU'RE BACK!!" He squealed, squeezing me even harder.

"I told you I'd be back in a second" I replied, giggling at his childlike behavior.

"Well... it was actually 34 seconds, but THAT'S OK!" He said, earning a laugh from me, "Oh sunshine, I figured out what to do next!" He threw his hands up in pride and excitement.

"Okie! What's next?" I questioned, intrigued on what he had thought to do.

He stood up straight, imitating a professor. "Now, we will pla- I mean perform," He coughed out a giggle and his face blushed. Wait, this man can blush? He continued on, "A game of-" He bursted out laughing, and I couldn't help but laugh as well. "We're playing hide and seek, sunshine" He managed to say through his laughter.

"Oh fun! I'll count first and you go hide!" I exclaimed, trying to balance my excitement to Sun's level. I started counting and he skipped along with pep in his step. I counted to 20 and started to scan the daycare with him nowhere in sight. I glanced near the ball pit and you could easily see him hiding in plain sight. I started making my way over to the pit, checking spots on the way, acting clueless to his location. I made it over to the ball pit and started looking around.

"Hmmm, I wonder where He is?" I pondered and could hear him giggling under the plastic balls, which moved as he laughed.

"Aww that's too bad," I replied to the giggles, "I was gonna give Sunny a big hug when I found hi-" I was immediately tackled to the floor. I looked up at Sun who was looking down at me smirking. My face grew red and he started to blush too. Before I knew it, Sun rolled to the floor and the both of us were laughing.

"You found me sunshine," He smiled as a sat next to him.

"That was so much fun Sunny, what should we do now?" I asked, getting a little tired from all the energy spent today.

"What time does your shift end, sunshine?" he asked, glancing up at the clock.

I hadn't even taken the time to look at the clock the whole day. The shift had flown by, and I didn't even notice. I turned to Sunny and replied, "I have a couple hours left!" I didn't want today to end. When I'm with him, I just feel safe.

"You must be exhausted, sunshine, how about we talk?"

I looked at him puzzled, "What do you wanna talk about?"

He picked me up and started walking over to the theater, "Well, I wanna get to know my best friend!" He said, looking down and smiling at me.

We made our way into the theater and I turned the lights on, and we made our self comfortable in the plush chair and fuzzy blankets.

He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head onto his chest and asked, "So what do you want to talk about first?"

[607 words]