So This Is Love?

I look at Sun and touch his cheeks with the back of my hand to feel he's heating up a bit. I give a small smile and take him over to the calm room. I gave him an ice pack and set him down. "Sunshine, I'm okay, really..."

"No no no, stay here for as long as you need, and we don't have to bring this up until you're ready." I gave him a smile and left the room, closing the door behind me to give him some privacy.

I went back to the arts n crafts table to see a bunch of the kids making cards. I walk up to them to see them making "get well" cards. I walked over to the closet and grabbed a yellow plastic bin and put all the cards in it. I walked over to the calm room and gave a soft knock on the door.

I opened the door and set the bin down saying "special delivery" before shutting the door again. After a few moments, Sun came back out timidly and walked up to me.

"You pinky promise we don't have to talk about it now?" I gave him a smile and replied,

"Talk about what?" He squealed and gave me a tight hug, while spinning me around

"Oh, you're the best sunshine!" I let out a small laugh and heard a group of small chuckles. I looked over to see the teen boys filming us, and I cracked up. I signaled for them to hide the phones before Sun noticed. Luckily, Sun didn't notice and skipped over to the arts n crafts table. I walked up to the boys who were still laughing and said,

"Yo, could you send me that?" They said sure and sent me the video. I looked at it, and it felt like something you'd see on a 1980's VHS tape. The boys and I talked for a bit, and before I knew it, it was nap time.

Sun went back up to his room, and I put the kids to sleep. Nap time went very smoothly and before I knew it, nap time was over. The kids slowly started to dwindle down, and it was just the boys and some kids playing arts n crafts. I asked the boys if they wanted to play tag, and they happily agreed. I walked over to Sun and asked, "Do you guys want to play tag?"

Sun shot up and said, "Oh, what a wonderful idea sunshine!" He gathered all the kids together and announced. "Okay kiddos, we're going to play tag! Mr y/n and I are going to be it!"

All at once, the kids ran off and let out playful screams. We would run around and tag the little ones, and we all had a blast. The little ones were running around screaming, while the boys made camp with an easy escape route, pretty clever.

We ran around for probably 15 minutes before I was totally out of breath. Sun was still bursting to the brim with energy, but noticed me out a breath. He came over and picked me up, "Oh sunshine, you must be exhausted, you rest."

He set me on a foam block, the kind you use in acro. I let out a small chuckle and thanked him, and he continued to chase the kids. I sat up and watched him chase the kids around. He looked so... happy. He's so pure, I love it. I love his personality, so happy, energetic, compassionate. He's just wonderful. I watched the kids play tag and Sun noticed me watching and would stop in his tracks and give an over exaggerated wave. I would chuckle and give him an energetic wave back. Slowly, kids would leave and the game ended when there were only two kids left.

The four of us sat at the arts and crafts table until their parents arrived. We decided to not waste the time, so we started cleaning and finished just before the parents arrived. The kids grabbed their bags, and I cleaned up the arts n crafts table as Sun talked to the parents.

Sun came down and picked me up. He walked me up to my room and turned on the shower. I picked out a cute green lounge set, and a clean undergarment. I hopped in the shower and quickly dried myself off. I changed into my lounge wear, and dropped my uniform down the laundry shoot. We walked down to his room and sat down on his bed. There was a bit of silence, and I nestled myself into him. He wrapped an arm around me and I asked him, "Are you ready to talk about it?"

"Yes, sunshine," He replied, still holding onto me. "I think I've made it known that I have some well umm- how do I word it?"

"Feelings?" I suggested. "Thank you. Well, yeah, I have...feelings for you, Sunshine."

I felt my cheeks turn rosy. I felt...happy. He felt like home. But, there was a part screaming at me. Guilt, could I just let go of my sunshine, my Sky, just like that? I couldn't live my whole life grieving, but were things going too fast? I felt myself fighting with the other half of my heart. I think Sun took note of this and said, "You don't have to respond right away. Take your  time with things"

I snuggled myself into his embrace and replied, "I do too, Sunny." He smiled and curled up with me in his embrace. I noticed a record player and pulled from our embrace.

He was deeply confused and walked over to me. I turned on the record player and pulled out a random vinyl. I played it and some music started playing. It was upbeat and Sun seemed to really enjoy it. We listened to a few of the songs and a slow song came on. I was about to skip it, but I looked back at Sun and said, "Have you ever slow danced?"

He shook his head, and I walked over to him. I placed his hands on my waist, and he picked up quickly. We moved to the rhythm, and I adjusted my arms, wrapping them around his neck. He blushed and replied, "Oh, y/n..."

He wrapped his arms further around my waist and pulled me into him saying,

"You'll always be my sunshine" As he kissed me softly on the lips.

I looked up at him and gave him a small peck on the cheek. He blushed, and we stood there, holding each other tightly. I turned off the record player and stopped the recording on my phone :) , as he made his bed. He snuggled himself in, and I got in. He wrapped an arm around my waist, this time not being shy to pull me all the way into him. I softly hummed 'So this is love' as we slowly started to drift off to sleep.

A/N: AHH I CANT STOP BLUSHING. I THINK THIS HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE PART SO FAR. COMMENT WHAT YOUR FAVORITE PART IS SO FAR!

[1200 words]