REGULUS BLACK (and kinda Sirius?) - The journal

The loud music boomed through the walls of the Slytherin common room. People sprawled around, some in the corner spinning an empty glass bottle around a circle of eager high schoolers. Some getting more drinks, some making out on the stairs already.

I stand next to the student made bar with two drinks, one in each hand and one balanced between my arm and my chest. I always end up holding the drinks, not like I'd be out dancing anyways,, I'd want to. I'd love to dance and not give two shits about what an absolute fool Id make myself. But alas, here I am, holding drinks and tapping the floor with my foot to the beat because that's all the courage I could muster up.

I hear some sudden yelling, growing louder and louder as Sirius runs towards me, both arms in the air. "aaaAaaAAaAAAAAAAA[Y/N]" He grabs his drink from my hand and quite literally chugs the last of it. I draw back from the surprise blinking a few times eyes widened, smiling.

"Jesus Sirius what's happening why are we screaming" I laugh. "WE WE-" Sirius blurted, out of breath, putting the now empty cup on the table next to me.

"spit it out Tony Hawk" I joked as Sirius waved his arms around trying to explain without words. "JAMES BROKE A TABLE" He broadcasted.

"HE WHAT?" I bursted out laughing, smiling incredibly wide. "JAMES JUMPED OFF A WINDOWSILL ONTO A TABLE AND IT BROKE IN HALF" He explained, just as flabbergasted as I was. We both ran to and up the stairs to where the rest of the gang was.

I open the boys dorm room to see Remus sitting on a bed, his face in his hands trying not to laugh and condone the fact that James had just broke a table. James was laying on his back on the broken table, too defeated too get up. Peter was also on the floor cry laughing at what went down.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" I laugh in the doorway, Sirius snickering behind me. "I CAN DO IT AGAIN" James yelled from the floor, throwing a hand up "NO YOUR NOT" Remus yelled, scrambling to the edge to stop James.

"Which windowsill was it" I ask, walking over to James. He points over to a window that was at the top of the wall. The window was placed where he would have had to jump across the room to land on the table. I place the two other cups I had on the bedside table.

"YOU JUMPED FROM THE CEILING ACROSS THE ROOM?" I yell at him trying not to laugh more. I held my hand out, helping him up. James grabbed my hand and launched himself up.

"FUCK MY BACK" He whined, falling back into the bed next to Remus. "Yeah no shit, you fell from the ceiling onto a QUEBRACHO WOOD TABLE" Remus scolded.

"How the hell do you know what type of wood the table was made of" Peter perked his head up, his eyebrows furrowed "I'm just smarter than you all" Remus stated letting out a small laugh.

Sirius actually walks into the room now and takes a seat next to me on the floor. I fold my legs into a crisscross position, lean my elbows on my knees and lean chin in my hands.

"So, what are we gon-" I try to ask but get cut off by a a boy shoving the door open me and Sirius snap our heads back to see a girl hanging over him giggling.

"This rooms taken, sorry" He whispered closing the door. Some silence passed...

"WHAT THE HELL?" Sirius shouted, clearly not sober. I snort at the remark, starting to cough because how aggressively I just reacted.

"OH OH I HAVE MONOPOLY" I yell, grabbing my drink off the bedside table. "YES! YES! THAT THAT LETS DO THAT" James excited in agreement as he threw his upper body up from the bed.

Before anyone could agree or disagree, I stood up and ran to the girls dorms to grab my monopoly board. I hesitantly open the door, bracing myself for some couple to be making out on my bed but when I opened the door it was empty.