𝗠𝗬 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 [ ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ ʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ ]

WORD COUNT: 1894

WORD COUNT: 1894

+════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*════════+

I let out a sigh, falling back onto my bed. Another boring night.. I looked up at my ceiling, counting all the bulbs on my Christmas lights I still had up. You know what? fuck this. I thought, throwing myself up and picking up my boots and slipping them on. I picked up my keys and walked out of my room and down the stairs. I was only in shorts and a cropped tanktop because it was like 11:30pm but it wasn't like anyone was gonna fuckin see me, I was just going for a drive.

I quickly made my way off the stairs and to my front door. I opened the door and immediately jumped in surprise. There was Steve with his hand raised as if he were about to knock on my door in his stupid little scoops ahoy uniform. Then my eyes panned to his face. Not again., my shoulders and face dropped.

"[y/n]... Hi" He winced. "Steve what the hell happened this time?" I worried pulling him inside by his wrist, closing the door behind us. "Yeah so you know that whole,, thing" He dragged out "Yeah, yes. What the fuck happened for you come to my house at midnight bleeding all over my front porch?" I ranted as we walked back up the stairs and into my room again. He looked horrible.. no offense but seriously. Both eyes were bruised, his nose bleeding and his forehead and lip busted.

I forced him to sit on the couch in my room, making him wince at the shove. "Sorry" I sighed, bringing him a blanket. I kneeled in front of him and wrapped it around him, he quickly held the blanket to him. "This isn't that related but I did.. fight, Billy" He leaned his head back in the couch. "Steve" I said sternly.

"Ok, ok. I didn't win but I got a few hits in" He pulled his head back down to me and tried his best to smile. "Stay here" I sighed. I never really liked that he was such a big part of this, going to bed every night wondering if his name is going to be in the news the next day like some old house wife waiting for her husband to return from a war. I rolled my eyes getting a rag and rubbing alcohol from my bathroom.

Of course I knew he had to be apart of it and he was doing so much to keep those kids safe which made me smile, then my face sterned up again remembering how pissed I was. I doused the rag in water then ringed it out and walked back out of the bathroom. I took a seat next to Steve and he turned around to face me.

"Its nice you're protecting them" I managed to get out one nice thing "Yeah, its whatever" He dismissed but it was clear as day this was boosting his ego like crazy. "Ok now don't move" I placed the rag on his face, gently getting all the blood off. "What makes you think Id be moving?" He smiled as I poured the alcohol on the rag.