the ride (11)

the ride back was strange. JJ was quiet the whole and didn't even look at anybody. Everyone knew something was up but no one dared to ask. "Cleo, how far till
obx?"kie asked breaking the deathly silence.

"not far about ten more minutes till we see land" she answered not taking her eyes off the sea. Kie went to the very front of the boat where pope was sitting and sat down next to
him.
"hey" she said as she sat down next to him.
"hey" was all he said before looking back out into the ocean.
"what's wrong?" kie asked. Pope looked at her. She look so innocent but he knew what she did and it was killing him not saying anything.

"listen kie. I know. I know about you J. I know that you love him and he loves you and that you two are destined to be together. I guess i'm just a fool who got in the way".

Kie looked wide eyed at him in complete shock. "you didn't tell anyone did you?!" she whispered to him.
"no of course not but kie listen don't run away from you feelings here. You can't do that to you and J". Once he finished talking she looked over to JJ. He was sitting over the edge with his feet hanging off. He looked terrible, like he wasn't  JJ.

"you're right pope. I love you" she said as she gave him a long hug as she got up. She sat down to JJ and he didn't even look at her.

"J. I am sorry about all that's happened i-"
"stop. Just stop. I don't want  your fucking pity. you made yourself very clear so i don't see a reason to talk about it" he said without looking at her. "J, come on you- we can still be friends?"
"sorry i don't feel the same way" he said as he finally looked at her in the eyes then quickly looked away.

Usually when they met eyes both their harts flutter or at least something happens, but this time kie swore it was like looking at a ghost.
"JJ i-."
"guys look land" pope yelled making everyone go to the front of the boat seeing outer banks.

They reached shore and got off the boat leaving it there astray. "ahh paradise on earth" John b said was they walked to find out where they were. "Jb you're house in just five minutes away" pope said after finding what street they were on.  They all burst into a sprint. Finally being home after  being on the island was great.

They finally reached john b's house and it was like no one even touched it. "home sweet home" john b said as he plopped onto his couch. Sarah jumped on top of him saying  "yes it is".

it was finally nighttime and the pogues decide to have a bonfire. Now, everyone has noticed JJ being distant and not talking but no one said anything yet.

Everyone was sitting around the fire laughing and talking except for JJ who was sitting by himself in silence. "JJ come on man what's up you've been quiet all day" Jb asked.
"oh nothing" he said as he sipped his beer.
"come on J just tell us what's wrong Sarah asked. JJ looked over at kie and made eye contact. He quickly looked away but that one glance was enough to fulfill him with rage.

"you know what no not everything is fine! we were just stranded on an island for weeks and now we come back here and everything is fucked-" He said standing up

"what fucked. JJ what happened on the island-" sarah asked cutting him off.
"me and kie hooked up! ok. We did it behind all of your backs and now i can't even look at her!" he said breaking down. "I just don't think the pogues are the same. Maybe you guys would  be better without me"
"come on J don't say that" John b started
"no it's true. I fuck every plan we've had. caught feelings for another pogue. Like what happened to the rules . what happened to us before all of this treasure hunting shit went down." JJ was done. He was done with everything all he wanted to do was get high and   drunk.

Sarah came up to JJ and hugged him and as much as JJ wanted to accept it he pushed her off him. But when he did she tripped and fell.
"dude what the hell" Jb said as came up and shoved JJ. "dude that little skank has you wrapped around her little finger. I guess i know what you are talking about she is good" he said in John b's face.
"what are you talking about" JB said through his teeth.

"oh so the kook queen didn't tell you" JJ said looking at sarah who had a scared look on her face "JJ don't" she yelled while she got up. "wow now aren't married couples supposed to tell each other everything" he said while sarah up in his face. "so do you wanna tell him or me?" he said in a whisper to her ear. She didn't respond and just looked at him.

"ok. guess it's me. So john you know sarah before you meet her, and how the rumors were that she sex machine. Well of course the sex god had to get a taste-" John b came over and shoved JJ into the side of the house.
"yeah she liked that move" JJ said with a smirk on his face. He got to him john b couldn't control himself anymore and started beating the shit out of J. JJ on the ground while John b was on top beating the shit out of him. eventually pope and cleo got John b off J.
JJ starts laughing " ahh thank you John B i really needed that" he said as he got up and started walking away.

He definitely has a broken nose, and he lip had a cut on it but he didn't care. He was drunk and that was all that mattered. The gang all watched him walk while sarah checked out John b's hand but he pulled it out of her grasped.

"John b?" she said
"is it true?"
"what"
"is it true that you slept with him?!"
"listen john b that was befo-"
"what before we met when you were a slut. you know what you can go stay with JJ just like old times" he said before storming off into the house. 

everyone was silent. Slowly pope and cleo walked into the house while kie stayed with sarah. " are you ok?" kie asked
"no, god what happened to JJ. Kiara what happened on that island?" she said in tears
"i don't know" she said as she watched JJ slowly walk away with out looking back.