Best friends (P.G.)

Penelope Garcia One Shot

You came into work late and hungover because your best friend Penelope convinced you to go out the night before. But since you worked with her, you knew she'd find some way to cover for you.

After sitting down you took your bag off your shoulder and grabbed some paperwork from the file cabinet next to you. You plucked a pen from a small jar and began writing.

About 10 minutes in you stood up to grab a coffee but you didn't get the chance to even take one step as you were met with a very smiley Penelope. She held out her hands which were clasping a cup of coffee.

"Here you go my sweets, just the way you like it." She said in her peppy tone.

"Thanks Pen." You said as your hands took the cup from hers.

Right as you were sitting down, Morgan joined Penelope by your side.

"Holy moley, you definitely had fun last night didn't you Y/N?" He said with his usual smirk.

You rolled your eyes at his comment and continued your work, occasionally taking sips of your perfect cup of joe. You knew for sure it was going to be a long day. From the comments of colleagues, your splitting headache, the mounds upon mounds of paperwork you had to do. You were regretting going out more and more by the minute.

—————Time jump—————

After 12 and a half long hours, you were finally ready to go home. And you wasted no time doing so. The nearly nonexistent traffic felt like it went on for hours, every stop light seemed to get slower and slower. What you wouldn't give to be in your soft cozy bed right now, buried in your covers, listening to the sounds of the night.

You entered your apartment and were greeted with the warm smell of food. In amongst the sizzling of vegetables and meat, we're the sounds of high heels clicking around the floor. You looked over into the kitchen to see Penelope cooking what smelled like a wonderful stir fry. She saw your were home and called out to you.

"Dinner will be ready in a jiffy." You nodded and slipped out of your work clothes and into your pj's. You and Penelope sat down at your small table and began eating.

"I felt kinda bad for making you go out last night so I thought a good way to make it up to you would be to make you dinner." Penelope told her friend after chewing. "I assumed you wouldn't have enough zip to make it yourself, so here I am, making you a meal out of the few things I could find in your house." You smiled at your friend before taking another bite of your food.

After dinner Penelope and you put the dishes in the dishwasher and said good night.

"Thank you so much Pen, it was delicious I really appreciate it. You're the best" You gave your friend a big hug which she absolutely loved. Penelope finally made her way to her car and drove home, and you crawled into bed.

'How did I get lucky enough to get a best friend that great?' You thought as you drifted off to sleep with a full belly.