Anytime (B.B.)

Bucky Barnes One Shot

The team was out on different assignments leaving a small few alone at the compound. Y/N happened to be one of them, and although she had been here for a while, Y/N was still often quiet and awkward around everyone. Luckily the others there were the same, which meant minimal socialization. Y/N thought this would be a great time to get some extra training in, as Steve had advised.

6:28 am (Y/N POV)
I grunted as I rolled out of bed. I was not looking forward to working out even more today. The walk to the gym seemed to take less time than usual making me even more miserable. I pulled open the door, gym bag in hand, ready (or not so ready) to get my day started.

The sound of harsh breathing filled my ears as soon as I entered. I looked over to see the one and only Bucky Barnes positioning himself in front of the punching bag. Much to my relief he didn't seem to hear me come in. I set my stuff down on the nearest bench before making my way to the treadmill. Cardio has never been my strong suit so I thought I would focus especially on that.

When my legs felt like jelly and I could barely move them, I decided to stop. I shuffled off the machine and went to take a drink from my water bottle which I had stupidly left on the bench. While on my way, my legs began to wobble before crumbling underneath me. I tried standing, and after two failed attempts, I felt two strong arms lift me up from behind. I looked behind me to see Bucky, and immediately thanked him. I had walked only a few steps when I began felling dizzy, my head was spinning and my vision was getting blurry. Everything goes black as I hear Bucky mutter my name.

I woke up and saw I was not in the gym, but in a bedroom, Not my bedroom though. Frantically I looked around for some sort of clue as to where I was, it was basically empty aside from a small desk and the bed I was on. I could hear the sound of the shower running and panicked when it stopped. Moments later the bathroom door opened to Bucky, with a white towel wrapped around his waist.

"Morning sleepyhead." He said in a teasing tone. I barely seemed to notice for the only thing I could focus on were his glistening abs. The water from his shower had made them seem even more sculpted. My thoughts were interrupted when he spoke up.

"You alright, I think you might have over exerted yourself back there." A light chuckle ending his sentence. I thought back to what happened in the gym and came to the same conclusion.

"Yeah, I believe I did." I carefully climbed out of the bed I was placed in and made my way towards the door to leave. "I'm gonna go grab something to eat then get some rest, thanks for the help."

"Anytime Doll." He said, a small smirk appearing on his face.

Just before I left I quickly got one more look at his abs hoping he didn't notice.

Walking towards my own bedroom I muttered curses to myself in embarrassment. I hated how I could have been so stupid, but boy am I glad I was.

So, I'm thinking I might continue this in other parts making it kinda a mini story.