Welcome to Westview (WV)

WandaVision One Shot

I was sitting on my porch swing enjoying the morning breeze when a young woman came driving past. I'd never seen her before which made me even more curious as to why she was here. From the small glimpse I was able to catch of her face she seemed upset, almost as if something absolutely horrible had just happened.

My heart filled with sympathy at her expression, and my mind filled with even more curiosity. She pulled over next to an empty lot just a short distance from my house.

She stepped out of the vehicle, holding a folded piece of paper in her somewhat shaky hand. The slight breeze blew her long overcoat around her.

Her lips tightened and her eyebrows furrowed as she held back tears. She was looking at the paper when she fell to her knees. I immediately sprung up from my seat to help.

Red light spilled out of her, and a house began being build right in front of her. I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

The red power that she was omitting spread all throughout the town, (as far as I could see) making everything switch around change.

The surrounding houses including my own began changing as well. I looked down at my clothes to see them switch from my casual lounge wear to a satin, lightly patterned vintage style dress.

In shock I looked back to the woman who was dressed in similar attire. There was now a man in a grey suit, standing next to her. Their smiles were big and loving and it made me forget about everything for just a moment.

I ran over to the couple, to ask what was happening. And the way they spoke seemed oddly familiar.

"Why hello there neighbour! I'm Wanda, and this is my husband Vision!" She sent an exaggerated wave my way while making her introduction.

I waved back, unsure of what exactly should be done in this peculiar situation.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Wanda, and you Vision! I'm Jane Micheals." What? That's not my name and why am I talking like I'm in a Sit-Com from the 50's?

Not that I'm all too upset I grew up watching them, and I've always wished I could be in one. But how is this happening?

"Do you folks need any help moving in, I'm sure I can gather a few troops" I chuckled in a way that would normally make me extremely uncomfortable.

"We are nearly done, just some heavy lifting left." Vision answers in a British accent which caught me off guard.

"Well why don't I get you some help and Wanda, you can come over and we can get better acquainted?" I needed to figure out why everything was like this, and I'm sure she'll know.

- -

Wanda and I walked into my living room and sat on the couch that was in there.

"Way to go, you picked up the lingo pretty quick." She said once we were settled.

"What is going on, how'd we get inside The Dick Van Dyke show?" I wasted no time interrogating her.

A smirk took place on her face just before she spoke.

"What, you don't like it?" The look she was giving me told me she knew I did. I couldn't tell if I was going to like her, or absolutely despise her.

Rolling my eyes at her smart remark, I spoke again.

"Just give me an explanation as to why it's gotten all Bewitched up in here!"

I can be very stubborn and I think she could tell, because she started telling me everything.

- -

"Ok so let me get this straight. Your parents died when you were seven and the infamous terrorist organization H.Y.D.R.A. took you and your twin brother in, where you both received super cool abilities," She answered affirmatively.

"Then an evil robot tried to help you kill Tony Stark, but you ended up helping Tony kill him. And that's how your brother died,"

"Mhm."

"And when you joined The Avengers you met Vision, who is actually a vibrainium synthizoid,"

"Vision also died just a few years after, and after the blip you came back and went to collect anything left of him and they wouldn't give it to you. So, you came here to where the two of you were going to start a family and somehow built an alternative reality based off of your comfort shows, where he's alive and you guys can live happily ever after?"

"Yeah basically." I was shocked by how much she had gone through, like can this girl catch a break?

"Ok, so does everyone know about this or just you and me?" I hope no one else is experiencing the same level of confusion.

"No, I'm pretty sure I like replaced everyone's past memories with ones that work with my "script,"." She put air quotes with her fingers around that last word.

"I could kinda see you were confused when you introduced yourself as Jane, and I put two and two together."

"Ok listen, I'm willing to go along with your whole black and white picture perfect life thingy, but I want in." I crossed my arms over my chest. And placed a stern frown on my face.

"You want in?" Ok, elaboration right.

"Yeah, I wanna be in the loop." Not much better huh?

"I guess you could say I want to be the Vice President, or Co-founder of uh-"

"Westview." She finished for me, telling me the name of the place I live for the first time.

"Ok, I think I can work with that, put her there partner." She stuck her hand out for me to shake, and that was it we had a deal.

So I'm probably gonna make this a mini series-like thing. Also this was kinda rushed so sorry.

If it was too hard to follow, basically you became a part of Westview but your memories stayed intact and now you are kinda helping Wanda live the perfect life.