Best one yet (BONES)

BONES One Shot

Today is my birthday, and boy was it going to be interesting.

Birthday's are some of the most odd days of the year, and that's saying a lot. My Dad loves birthday's and makes sure every one is perfect, where as my Mom isn't quite sold on the concept of giving people gifts just because they're alive.

Every year I have to find a good balance where Dad brings it down a bit, and Mom doesn't create a debate on whether or not Birthday's should be celebrated they way they are. Luckily I always have my trusty sidekicks to have my back.

" Hodgins, what else am I supposed to call you guys? My mom and dad's coworkers who are basically family, and have nothing better to do then either help me cause drama or prevent it?"

Anyways, where was I? Oh yes, the plan.

Phase one: Angela and Hodgins will go with mom to a museum, while Aubrey and Parker help dad with "his" plans.

Phase two: We will go to Founding Fathers for everyone's favourite drinks, before setting up at our booth in the restaurant.

Phase three: Our teams will get them both to the final location where we will reveal the truth.

"Yes you have to go to the museum with mom. You are a grown man Hodgins, Buck up!"

Gosh, such a cry baby. Anyways, off we go!

________________________________

(At house)

"Alright boys, who ready to get started?" Booth called out to his guests who were right in front of him.

"Ok, so cake first?" Aubrey asked hoping he might able to sneak a couple bits.

"Uh no. I'm an FBI agent Aubrey, I'm not stupid." He turned around grabbing the bags of supplies from behind him slapping some balloons on the counter. They both rolled their eyes before each ripping open a bag.

Meanwhile...

Angela's car pulled into the parking lot of an art museum, and while she was getting Hodgins' wheelchair out of the back Bones asked all the questions she wasn't allowed to during the drive until she finally reached her final question.

"Angela, we work at a museum why do we need to visit one? We could've just gone to the Jeffersonian instead." Angela knew exactly what she was trying to do and wouldn't allow it.

"Nuh uh uh, no working. Besides this is an ART museum, it's different." The two women linked arms as Hodgins rolled himself towards the entrance.
________________________________

"Oh great, now who could that be?" Booth huffed when the doorbell rang. He had become a bit on edge from all the stress of planning and putting together the perfect birthday party.

The door swung open to a short lady in a pencil skirt and blouse, and a taller man wearing khakis and a plaid button up.

A sigh of relief came out of his mouth when he saw his friends in the doorway, the friends he had called for help.

"Cam, Aristoo!" He greeted them

The men at the counter turned around and waved at the new comers. The balloons had all been blown up thanks to Aubrey, (Booth made him all of them because he wouldn't stop talking) and the table had been set.

Booth directed Cam to bake the cake, having Aristoo help Parker keep Aunrey away from the cake as well as help them with decorating, then headed upstairs to wrap the presents. Since Brennen didn't like to celebrate birthdays very much, Booth took it into his hands to get enough gifts for the both of them, putting her name on some.
________________________________

"Babe, can we please go home?" Hodgins whined to his wife.

"I'm with Hodgins, as much as I love historic art the particular pieces in this building don't seem to interest me." Angela rolled her eyes at the two of them for ganging up on her.

"Fine. But, we talk about and listen to what I want the whole car ride."

"Deal." The two said.
________________________________

"Angela just texted me, they're leaving the museum." I told my favourite prosecutor, Ms. Caroline Julian.

"And Aubrey just just told me that they will be heading to Point C in about 15-20 minutes"

"Ok, so we have about 45 to be there and set up in order to not be rushed." I said to myself reassuringly.

"Calm down Cherie, we have plenty of time."
________________________________

Angela's van and Booth's SUV pulled into the parking lot at the same time, as if in synch. Booth and Brennan looked at each other in confusion, neither of them getting an answer from the other.

Upon entering the small club like restaurant the group was greeted my Caroline.

"Why hello there, what brings you here?" She asked

"A van. Well at least for me, Hodgins and Angela." Temperance stated to no one's surprise.

"Well anyhow, right this way party people." Caroline spoke up once again. And the group followed her to where they were apparently supposed to go.

When Booth and Brennan were seated and comfortable, Y/N jumped up out of nowhere scaring the who-knows-what's out of them. Which was immediately followed by "Y/N don't do that!"s and "Why would you scare us like that?"s, receiving laughs from the whole group.

After a pleasant meal, the small crowd made their way back to The Booth/Brennan home. Where they were met with it being fully decorated.

Y/N grabbed the drinks from the car and brought them inside. Chatter filled the house before it suddenly got interrupted by Aubrey nearly screaming.

"Can we have cake now?" Booth shot him a glare but before he could do any serious damage, Cam spoke up.

"Why don't we do presents first. Y/N, it's your party." Y/N had nearly forgotten what this party was actually for.

The presents were given and unwrapped, Thank you's were said. And it wasn't long before the karaoke machine was hooked up.

Before anyone sang a song, Y/N cut up the delicious cake Cam had made and they all nearly melted at the taste.

"Who knew someone who touches disgusting things all the time could make something so good!" Caroline praised Cam for her dessert.
________________________________

The night ended with karaoke songs being belted out by drunken voices. Mom and Dad finished it off with their signature song, 'Hot Blooded'.

This was hands down the best birthday ever.

"No Hodgins don't get out of your... chair."

So this one is quite a bit longer than my other ones but I think it might be my favourite so far.

P.S. Do you guys want a word count on these?