✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟙 ✨

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

playιng: [Soldier, Poet, King] - [The Oh Hellos]

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

The trip by train had been long, boring and rather silent aside from the occasional chatter of the couple in front of you. You kept your backpack close to your chest while looking at the passing mountains on your right, a small smile adorning your lips as you started to recognize the end of the river from a distance.

The engine sound was a constant as the same nice lady passed by the aisles offered a cup of coffee or a few Chipas. As always, you took all food given to you with a smile and a nod from your head, earning a slight giggle from the attendant.

Your mother always seemed to think she was packing extra sandwiches for your trip when, in reality, no sixteen-year-old can survive a day of travelling and walking with two pieces of bread and a single water bottle.

Slowly, the transition from the blue, clear skies changed into a cloudy sunset, the clear countryside turning into a strange mix of trees and houses. You knew your stop was coming closer, so you placed the half-empty bag of Chipas you had acquired along the way inside your handbag and took out your ticket.

"Going to Encanto this year as well Señorita?" The attendant asked, standing beside the free aisle seat beside where you sat. You only nodded with an excited glint in your eyes.

"Gosh, don't you ever get bored of such a small town?" The lady said with a giggle.

Every year for the past four years you had been going to Encanto for the summer. Year-round you would study and do well enough at school for your parents to let you visit a family friend back in the magical village.

You looked up to going there every year, even making sure to behave extra well on the last few days of waiting just to make sure you'd be able to go.

"Well, don't let me distract you. We're almost there so you should get your bags down"

The attendant gave you a smile and left, leaving you alone again. You took a glance at your side and stood up carefully. This train was on the cheaper side, so it could be a little shaky on this side of the fields.

You lowered your luggage from the compartments above, leaving it at the empty seat to your left. Then, you took your cotton (f/c) handbag and placed it around your torso.

The train whistle blew, signaling those waiting for the next stop to start heading out. You took your suitcase by the handle and started heading out your seat, whispering low "Buen viaje" 's to those who would still be travelling from here on out.

"Felices Vacaciones Señorita, I hope you have fun in the village" The nice lady said as she took your ticket. You gave her a smile and a soft "Thank you" before anxiously getting off the train.

The air was lighter when you placed your sandals on the soft grass below, staring at the small path far away from the train station that would lead you towards your destination. You quickly went past the few new passengers trying to board the train, dragging your suitcase with you as you kept going towards the forest.

As quickly as you could, you followed the narrow dirt road through the trees, past the river, and across the wide field of grass and flowers as the colorful houses and the music started to fill your senses.

A broad smile was smeared across your face as you continued way, spotting the family of two waving at you from a distance. You tried running towards them, quickly realizing that you may have packed a little extra and almost tripping over your own two feet, earning a soft laugh from the younger man beside Tía Rosa.

"Mariano, go help dear (N/n) please" Tía Rosa said from afar, her son nodding before heading towards you and taking your suitcase from your hands. You gave your friend a quick hug before finally running towards the woman.

"Tía Rosa!" you yelled before wrapping your arms around Rosa. She was slightly taken aback by the force of the hug, but gave out a low chuckle soon after and reciprocated the gesture.

"It's nice to have you back Pequeña," Mariano finally caught up to the both off you, lugging behind him your luggage. "How was the trip?"

"It was fine, like always. I got a bunch of Chipas from the nice attendant this time!" you pulled away from the hug, quickly looking inside your bag for the round cheese breads.

"Can I have one?" Mariano asked, peeping from behind your shoulder to try and steal one away. You quickly swiped his hand away with a "Shoo" before taking the bag out and showing Rosa.

"With how much you like these, (N/n), we're going to have to ask Julieta to bake some for tonight" The older woman gave you a laugh, taking out one of the tiny rolls and giving it a bite.

You giggled at your Tía's comment, knowing full well that if you told Julieta to make you some she would happily oblige. I wonder how her family's doing...

"Speaking of the Madrigals, tonight is Antonio's, the tiny one, gift ceremony. Wanna come?" Mariano asked, finally able to snatch one of the tiny snacks with a proud smile. You stared at him and could only laugh at your friend's antics.

"I don't know, I wasn't exactly invited," you said, following Señora Guzmán towards the Village plaza – where her house was, and where you would be staying for the summer – and putting the bag back inside your handbag. "I also don't really know many people here other than you guys and Julieta's daughters. It'd be weird to be there"

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind, especially with Mariano's proposal dinner being tomorrow" Tía Rosa said while in front of you both.

"Wait, what do you mean proposal dinner?" you eyed the man behind you with a smirk. "Don't tell me you're actually going to marry that girl you kept writing to me about"

Mariano looked right about ready to run away, his face turning multiple shades of red when you mentioned out loud how he wrote about Isabela. You knew fully well how much he had been pining for her, happy he was finally able to give out the love he had inside saved up for his special person.

Who else but you would he have shown his poems to check that they weren't too cheesy?

"Yes, the one and only Isabela Madrigal. I've spoken to Alma and she was thrilled about the two of them being a couple, so at last my Mariano will propose and make things official" Tía Rosa said with a laugh.

The pitter patter of the streets and the laugh of children finally got to you, letting you know that you were arriving towards the central plaza of Encanto. The soft breeze that flew against your cheeks, ruffling your (h/c) hair ever so slightly to take it out of its neat position, the way the people smiled so much brighter than people did back in the city.

You were finally here, and there was nowhere else you'd rather be.

"Buenos días pueblito"