✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟛 ✨

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆. ───

playιng: [Best Friend] - [Rex Orange County]

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

The night was going smoothly. The guests were entertained, and the Madrigals didn't have a hair out of place. Everything was perfect.

Camilo was thoroughly exhausted. He was grateful that Abuela made him memorize everyone in town for these kinds of dates, but shifting from one person to another and going off purely on muscle memory was tiring.

But now, with everyone inside and having the time of their lives, the boy had just one thing in mind: to find you.

There weren't many people in Encanto, and everyone seemed to belong to Isabela's age range or Antonio's. Teenagers were rare, and Camilo didn't get along with most of them because they thought of him as too much of a goody-two-shoes. His prima Mirabel is the closest thing Camilo has to a friend his age, and that was only because they lived in the same house!

With you, however, he could have a friend! And for a whole summer at that! He just had to find you again and hope you actually wanted to hang out. Easy, right?

"You know, it's really cool that they get a door with their powers. It would have been nice to get a giant room of my own when we found out mine"

Yep, super easy. Especially after overhearing your conversation with Mariano while trying to talk to you before the ceremony.

"Yeah, but what would it even be? Yours is a whole mental thing, so how would that even work?" Mariano asked from next to you, his back against a wall.

"Maybe it could have been, like, a huge music room. That way people would hear me without getting scared they're gonna leave while standing on their heads" You gave out a small laugh.

To say Camilo was confused was an understatement. He was extremely confused, bamboozled, bewildered, and any other synonym to confused he could think of. He was pretty sure his family was the only one with powers ever! So you two must have been joking, right?

Camilo stood in front of the duo, feigning not having heard a thing while "talking" to one of the kids.

"Maybe," the man looked around before separating himself from the wall. "Hey, we should go find mom. It looks like the ceremony is about to start"

"I'll catch up. I want to get my bag from the hangers first," You said while also heading away from the wall. "See you close to the stairs?"