✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟟 ✨

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

playing: [Weak] - [AJR]

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

"So..." Mirabel started, looking at the ground while using her hand to count.

"You're telling us that you have a power, have issues back in the city that caused you to be reluctant to using it, and that you used it on Camilo last night because he had found out about?"

"Yeah... that and that I was scared of how he'd react. I mean, you weren't very pleased when you pieced things together and I was scared that I wouldn't be able to come visit ever again if Tia Rosa or Mom found out" You added, your hand scratching lightly at the nape of your neck in embarrassment as she shamefully eyed the boy.

Camilo stayed silent during your entire explanation. He heard about how you had found out about your power, how your life back home wasn't nearly as good as it was here, how guilty you felt for having ever used your power on him and... what actually drove you to doing so. He wanted to be angry, to call you dangerous and have you picking at the weeds in the forest as a punishment for having traumatized him in such a way. Yet, he couldn't find it in himself to do so, especially knowing how he would have done the same if he were in your place.

He knew better than most what it felt like to be excluded, to be called names and to be treated as nothing else than your gift. Yet, he had it easy. You hadn't mentioned much, but there were some obvious things that don't need to be said to be known. "My mom would get mad at me" translated to abuse, "My classmates aren't the nicest" means bullying, "I'm not as vocal there as I am here" is clearly that you don't feel safe enough to communicate back in the city for crying out loud!

He kept silent as Mirabel asked a few questions, staring at the floor in front of him while his mind ran wild. As he kept on hearing your explanation his blood boiled to the point of almost going over the edge. He wished what you left up to piece together to nobody, not even his worst enemies and aggressors. It didn't seem fair on anybody...

"So... those memories are lost? Forever?" The female Madrigal asked. You stared at her before placing a hand to your chin, trying to think it over.

"I... don't think so... I can't permanently damage his neurons since my power isn't really physical. Think of it more like hypnosis, it doesn't involve any actual brain damage" You mumbled before looking back at Mirabel. "So it would probably just block said memories instead of actually erasing them"

This piece of information finally brought Camilo out of his trance. He stared at you with disbelief while Mirabel stared with pure hope.