✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟚 ✨

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

playιng: [Hooked] - [Why Don't We]

1:05 ────────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

"What do you think of this shirt with these dress pants for tonight, (N/n)?" Mariano asked, holding up a light pink shirt and grey pants.

"I don't know... how about your navy blue pants instead?" You said from your seat at the bed, staring at him while dangling your legs of the edge.

You had both been spending the afternoon catching up and getting ready for the celebration. You were wearing a (f/c) skirt with small butterflies embroidered at the hem, as well as a grey blouse tucked inside.

You had already unpacked most of your belongings in your room, a guest room that shared Mariano's balcony and let you stare at the bustling village from the comfort of your bed. Nevertheless, having already finished preparing for the party a while ago, you were now helping your friend pick an outfit to "Wow the Madrigals'".

"Hm... maybe you're right. Give me a second" And with that, the brunette left towards the bathroom to get changed.

You would never admit it, but you were genuinely excited for tonight. You never really had many opportunities to go out and have fun – much less attend a party – back home, your leg was practically bouncing off the floor out of excitement.

This was also a great excuse to eat as many of Señora Julieta's food, so this night would be a win-win.

When Mariano finally came back – looking stunning as always – Tía Rosa knocked on the door, asking if you were ready to head out. You excitedly got off the bed, quickly heading out the door of your friend's room with your bag in hand. Mariano chuckled lowly in the background as Rosa rolled her eyes in amusement.

Before you could place your hand on the front doorknob, you were stopped in your tracks by a hand on your shoulder.

"Be careful, remember we'll be surrounded by a magical family that can see and hear everything" Tía Rosa told you with a calm tone. You slightly faltered at the reminder, before nodding.

"Everything will be fine. I haven't been caught yet, have I?" You gave her a side smirk, joking off the tension in reassurance. "They won't know"

"You've grown up so quickly, Pequeña," The older woman gave you a proud smile. She wrapped you into one of her bone-crushing bear hugs before letting go and heading towards the door. "Let's all have fun tonight"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The moon hung as a giant in the sky, shinning on every surface in a way that gave the cool air of the night warmth. The chatter in the background of the smaller kids trying and failing to go up Casitas stairs, the adults talking with each other while sharing the Arepas Julieta had baked that afternoon, the way each Madrigal kid entertained the guests. It was a perfect night.

You walked as calmly as you could towards the magical house, not wanting to head in alone but still feeling excitement bubbling and threatening to overflow if it took you any longer to arrive at the door. You were holding Tía Rosa's arm, Mariano walking a few steps ahead.

Finally arriving, you noticed how there seemed to be two of everyone as they entered. Two Osvaldo's, two Valentina's, two Cecilia's... You immediately knew who was behind it, and a laugh escaped your lips.

Camilo Madrigal, the towns trickster, a quite literal joker card for anyone looking for help. His gift helped him shift into others, something rather useful in such a small village. You often thought of it as neat.

"Mariano! How's that crush on mi prima going?" he said with a smile before turning into the broad-shouldered man, a literal replica of your friend. Mariano laughed awkwardly, a light blush on his cheeks as he brushed the comment off and gave the clone a hug.

"Camilo, how was your afternoon with little Cecilia?" Mariano asked with a chuckle.

They continued their small talk before Mariano being able to continue on inside. Rosa went afterwards, pinching his cheeks with a laugh while shaking his arm. He winced, but couldn't help but join her laughter with a smile. As he was turning to greet you, you were trying to hide your giggle at your Tía's antics. It was nice seeing someone one other than yourself on the receiving end of her affection.

You were about to head inside, giving Camilo a small wave and smile so as to not come off as rude, when Rosa took your hand and pulled you towards her.

"And this here is (Y/n) Torres, a friend of mines daughter that came to visit," Slight venom was laced behind the mention of your mother. You, however, were too focused on the now forced introduction to a Madrigal to notice. "(N/n), this is Camilo Madrigal. He's Pepa's kid"

When you had first come to the small town, the Guzmáns' had done a thorough job in teaching you about each Madrigal. They insisted that you knew them since Mariano wanted to marry into the family, and that – if he was successful – you would be seeing them much more often than in the occasional run-ins with Julieta or Luisa.

Because of this, you know now about every Madrigal and their gifts, so Rosa's clarification wasn't very needed.

"Pues, buenas noches (Y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you" He said, holding out his arms and taking a step closer to you before greeting you with a hug. "I hope you enjoy your stay in Encanto, it'd be a shame if we Madrigals scared you off"

You stayed still for a second, not used to this kind of physical contact coming from people other than the Guzmáns and Julieta, but you quickly returned the hug. When he pulled away, you looked away slightly.

"It's nice to meet you too" Your voice didn't come out as loud as you would have liked, but it wasn't much up to you. You were usually quiet towards new people, an old habit from back in the city. "It's actually my fourth summer here, so you guys haven't exactly scared me off" You gave out a small chuckle, finally looking back at him with a smile.

With that, the boy was off to greet people again, and you had headed inside to meet up with Mariano again. When you caught up with your friend, however, you could just barely catch from the corner of your eye how Camilo had turned back to look at you, a hand to his chest.