✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟞 ✨

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

playing: [Centuries] - [Fall Out Boy]

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

─── · 。゚: *. .* :. ───

Trigger Warning: panic attack mention and description, mentions and referencing of bullying. If either of these things easily trigger you, skip over to the end of the chapter where I will write a small summary of what happened.

Usually, you'd like to call yourself someone very levelheaded, smart and cunning. Other times, when you weren't able to call your actions any of those things, you would simply call yourself human.

Today however, standing in the central plaza while waiting for a certain non-magical kid, you wouldn't call yourself either of those things. In fact, you'd consider yourself outright stupid for what you were about to do.

"Maybe she'll just... forget?" You thought to yourself while intertwining your fingers into your skirt.

In a panic, you had told Mirabel that you would tell her all about your secret abilities because you saw Camilo peeking through the window and were scared he'd see you. It was an impulsive move, cowardly even if you took into mind what you had done to him prior!

"I really, really, really shouldn't have used my power yesterday... What was I even thinking? Out of everyone, I just had to control a Madrigal!"

As you kept mentally berating yourself for doing what you did, having told nobody out of the fear of never being allowed to come back to Encanto for it, you hadn't noticed how a certain duo were making their way to you from behind. You hand dug deeper into your skirt, pulling tightly at the fabric as someone tapped you on the shoulder with gentle hands.

When you turned around, you were... too stunned to speak.

"Hey (Y/n)! How's your morning been?" Asked Mirabel with a caring smile, the boy behind her staring at you with a proud smirk and crossed arms. "I hope you don't mind that I brought Camilo with me. Abuela said that he had to help me with my chores today, so..."

You stared at your friend, and then at the boy behind her, and then towards her again. You did this a few times before your shoulders shrank slightly and you took a step back. Whatever answer you tried to mumble would come out in a stutter, and each time you fumbled with your words Camilo took a step closer, and closer, and closer, until he was standing a mere step from your figure.