✨ ℂ𝕙. 𝟘𝟜 ✨

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆. ───

playιng: [It Took Me By Surprise] - [Maria Mena]

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

||

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

── · 。゚: *. .* :. ──

"Can I have this dance, bonita?" Asked the familiar, curly-haired boy. You stared at his out-stretched hand, before placing your own on top and pulling him into the dance floor with a smile.

Just as you both arrived, the band changed tones into a light Salsa, the Madrigals all dancing around each other. You took Camilo's other hand and started dancing while moving further away until both of your arms were stretched out, only to then pull him closer again with a spin and laugh. The boy gave out a laugh, having expected to spin you around first, but doing so soon after with a light smirk.

"You know, it's usually the boy who spins the pretty lady" Camilo said once he caught you back into his arms.

"Usually, people don't have magical powers that turn them into other people," You took his arm and forced him into an outward spin, making sure he didn't fall as you smiled cockily. "So we can make the exception"

As you both continued dancing, missing each other's feet by an inch multiple times, Camilo made his way closer to your ear, dancing with little to no space between you two. Your face flushed slightly, but continued the dance without a care. He then pulled himself to your ear, speaking in a hushed tone.

"Can we go somewhere else?" 

His voice sent a shiver down your spine. You could still hear him clear as day despite the blaring music. "I need to ask you something," he soon followed. You gave him a nod before you both walked away, hand in hand, towards the quieter waterfall further away from the party.

The water fell rapidly from the tree above. Just a few steps away was a small patch of green, the rocks above sheltering it from the water that would have otherwise wiped the growing plants out. If you looked, you could find small frogs jumping from side to side, as well as the tiny snails crawling on the walls. It was a small ecosystem that, despite being much smaller than the rest of the jungle, lived calmly.

Now, what was any teenage girl supposed to assume about going outside with a cute boy? To talk about life and each other's deepest, darkest secrets?

"So, I heard you and Mariano talking earlier and... well..."

Apparently so.

"I was always taught that my familia was the only one with gifts... And maybe you and Mariano were discussing another kind of power, but... um..."