𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

valerie hale had it all. or at least that what she wanted to think.
a husband - much older and somewhat manipulative— but a husband nonetheless. a beautiful daughter- from another woman- who she loved more than life itself. and immortality- which she liked and disliked at the same time.

her sister disappeared many years earlier, assumed dead; however, a small part of valerie knew something else had happened. 12 year old her knew that her brother in law to-be was bad news, as he not only looked at every woman like a piece of meat, he also made her slightly uncomfortable under his stare.

fast forward a few years and 16 year old valerie met cormac drake. she fell in love with him, despite him being more than twice her age and having a young daughter. but when louise drake died in childbirth, cormac sought out a nanny, and next door neighbour valerie was more than happy to help in raising his daughter, who louise had named sofia, in her last breaths.

she knew she could never replace louise in cormac's eyes, but she loved him and sofia as if she were her own. the rest of rochester frowned upon a newly-widowed man shacking up with a younger woman, but they could care less about what others thought of them.

despite her amazing life, she couldn't help but struggle to be happy. what we now can diagnose as bipolar disorder began in valerie as a teen, but her constant manic states caused somewhat of a ruckus for cormac and her family.

valerie was turned at 18, while attempting suicide during a depression episode. a passerby smelt the blood and immediately rushed to their next meal. almost dead with wrists slashed, valerie pleaded to be with rosalie once again. the passerby knew not of rosalie, but something about valerie reminded them of someone. putting their bloodlust aside, the passerby bit her and turned her into a vampire.

valerie awoke a week later in a hotel room. how she got there, she didn't know. all she could focus on was a burning in her throat, a newfound thirst for blood.

"it's okay, you are safe now. but you must feed now."

"what the hell is wrong with me? where's rose? i want rosie."

"you tried to end your life, but i gave you another chance."

"i didn't want to be saved!"

"you would have regretted it, believe me. your child needs a mother"-

"who are you and what did you do to me?"

"i've been watching you for some time. you remind me of someone i used to know. i felt obligated to save you..."

"again, who are you and what did you do to me?"

"i am called cadence, you will know more soon enough young one. stay out of the sun and don't expose out secret. after all, our kind only exist in stories..."