

𝚋𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝

manon laveau did not really like vampires, minus the small few who actually treated her as she was worth

manon laveau did not really like vampires, minus the small few who actually treated her as she was worth. manon may have been young but she was a powerful witch, just like her mother. so, when one of these vampires, damon salvatore, entered her mothers salon in new orleans, she knew she had to hear him out.

he told her of his missing friend and how he thought she was in danger. when the witch heard the name valerie hale, she couldn't help but get a bad taste in her mouth, remembering how valerie tore apart new orleans' citizens and tourists whenever she felt like visiting. nonetheless, her conscience wouldn't allow her to not help the desperate vampire.

manon didn't want anything to do with valerie. never mind damon saying valerie had changed from her past self. she did not trust that, nor him. the only person she truly trusted is her mother.

damon salvatore, she had heard of the salvatore brothers before as well. their change dates back to her mothers time, just after her mother sold her soul to the ioa called papa legba, a powerful haitian spirit.

each year, her mother had been sacrificing newborns to papa legba in order to keep herself immortal. until one year, twenty three years ago, marie could not go through with it. around that time of year, her best friend lucinda gave birth to a baby girl but died shortly after. with no father in the picture, the baby was the perfect innocent soul for papa. but looking into those big brown eyes, marie was reminded of her own baby, the first sacrifice to papa legba. and selfishly, marie went into the hospital and took another baby to sacrifice, instead of the newborn girl.

marie laveau is a cruel woman, even manon won't deny that. but she understands how difficult it was for her mother to go through with that each year, wanting out each time.

anyway, the salvatore in the salon was not looking for a new hairdo that day. and manon was thanking whatever god was out there that her mother was out of town that day.

damon explained the situation. how his best friend was missing and how he needed a tracking spell to find her.

manon eventually agreed after damon gifted her with a large sum of money as well as linkin park tickets just to spite him.

and so, manon began the long task of creating the locator spell. a task which would eventually be...unsuccessful.

☽☽☽ ☾☾☾

"okay what the actual fuck?"manon yelled frustrated. damon glanced at her from the futon that he was lying on, not really paying attention.

"ok hunny it's been like 2 hours, you should have found her by now." damon complained. he was right though, manon would have found her in way shorter amount of time.

"okay stop whining you big baby, i'm trying here. your girl is hard to find." manon snapped back. usually she wasn't so easily angered by idiots but today, her patience was running thin. "and maybe it's for the best."

"excuse me?" damon ran at her and grabbed her throat. "did you really say 'for the best'?".

"yeah" she croaked. "your little bitch is a whole different level of whack. maybe it's better for you if you don't find her."

"okay listen here, i am paying you to do a simple little spell and you keep stalling at every chance." damon squeezed her neck tighter. "i'm even buying you band tickets to a crappy little boy band and you're still going out of your way to mess up. just do your little bitchcraft and find valerie before i leave you and everyone in that little salon without any blood in your body." he let her go, her face telling him she was actually scared.

until, manon grabbed his hand and ripped off damon's daylight ring. she raised her hand in the air and the skylight opened with her magic. damon screamed as the sun burned his skin, trying to run into a darkened area of the room, but he somehow was unable to get out of her grasp. he looked at her wide-eyed. this little child was stronger than him.

"no you listen here, old man." manon shoved him to the floor, her hand still grasping his wrist in her iron grip. "you come into my shop, interrupt my day. practically begging for my help to find your little friend. and i tried but when i said it was for the best, i mean maybe it's better if she's dead. that bitch is psycho, a murderer. she killed some important people here. some of my family. and i know you were here with her when she did it."

damon guessed that manon was talking of the last time him and valerie were in new orleans. the seventies. or was it the eighties? it was a blur for both of them. but he could remember how much killing happened.

"yes, my mother was gonna kill you both until you fled." manon barely breathed in between sentences. damon could almost feel the rage seeping off of her. "so maybe it's a bad idea if i get you two back together. who knows what more damage you'll both cause." she let damon go and he fell to the ground with a thud and then ran to the corner. manon shit the skylight and threw him back his ring. she looked at damon and could tell that her words shook him. manon walked out of the room. he could show himself out.

"please." she heard from the back room. "please, she's all i have left." manon looked back at damon and could see genuine emotion on his face, real tears welling in his eyes. he truly loved her, for some reason she couldn't figure out but it was there.

"ugh fine!" she gave in. she could tell damon didn't have many people in his life, something she could relate too. her mother being her only real friend. "i'll help you find her. but i want double what i asked for."

☽☽☽ ☾☾☾

a/n:
damon and bonnie? no it's damon and manon: the og frenemies.