

(no silent readers!)

𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒-𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘

despite what some may believe, valerie has one of the biggest unbeating hearts around

despite what some may believe, valerie has one of the biggest unbeating hearts around. but valerie was hit with a dilemma. she hates edward and alice. bella was at the moment a strong dislike as she came to the conclusion that she was pretty much unaware of what is happening around her. her and james ran to throw off her family, all the while valerie was regretting ever going into the woods that same morning.

her dilemma was this: either kill edward, alice and bella and thus lose her family as collateral, or face exile. or die trying to save the rest of the family since they were currently on james and victoria's hitlist.

as they run through the woods, valerie thinks back to her human years, where her undiagnosed mental illness alienated her from her parents and friends, and where the only person she could rely on was someone who took care of her: cormac drake.

cormac gave her everything she wanted. he played the role of the loving husband while she played the role of a mother to his daughter sofia. he gave her the love she desired, that she had been lacking from everyone else. it was truly unfortunate when things took the worst turn when she became a vampire. cormac became selfish and cruel and constantly berated her for her mental illness. he was jealous that someone as undeserving as valerie gained the gift of immortality, when she herself felt like she wanted to die.

it only took sofia's death and cormac's betrayal to realize she had been played like a puppet all along. she was so damaged, losing a child in the most horrible way and losing her partner all the same day would do that to anyone.

when she found james and victoria, they took care of her. she feels like she owes them. they make her feel like she owes them.

so it's either do this and lose them both, as well as her family, or have her entire family dead at their hands. while she wanted edward gone she didn't want the others gone as much as she thought she did. but she was so clouded with rage and betrayal and sadness that she couldn't see the situation clearly: that she was once again being manipulated by someone she loves, only in a different and more dangerous way.

☽☽☽ ☾☾☾

the next few days were pretty much a blur for valerie. while james ran the woods endlessly, tracking bella's scent to no avail, valerie was tasked with finding bella's school records. she didn't exactly know what it was for but soon realized that with access, they would find bella's mothers address in phoenix. so she met up with james and they ran to arizona, as if this was a completely normal jog.

"we aren't gonna kill her mother, right?" valerie asked nervous about how james would feel about her remorse.

"if she's there, maybe that would be the perfect time for a snack. does that bother you?" james' eyes narrowed. she could tell that he was getting suspicious of her loyalty.