

𝚍𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚘 𝚎𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝

𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆?

ever since she got trapped, valerie was having, to put it plainly, one of the longest running nightmares possible. it was like one of those dreams where you are falling and then you jolt awake as if you fell in real life. the only difference is that valerie was not waking up, the fall was endless. that is until she eventually suffocated and died. only then did she actually feel peace.

but then it started all over again.

so, she started to zone out as a way to forget that she was trapped underground.

faces flashed behind her eyes as she thought about everyone and anyone. mostly her family, their moments were rosalie and cadence centric, while jasper usually chilled on the sofa with alice in his arms. either that or rosalie and emmett were intensely showing affection to the point that cadence would make gag noises to piss them. she sees carlisle look at esme with that look in his eyes, even when esme wasn't paying attention, and the same vice versa. valerie knew how much the two have taken care of her, but she had never called them mom or dad. even though that is exactly what they were to her.

her mind drifted to edward. to the times when they were happy. looking back on these happy memories between them two knowing what she knows about him now may make her bias, but valerie can see herself giving edward that look.

had he ever given her that look? looked at her like there
was no one else in the world but her?

no. because if he knew that she wasn't his mate, that they weren't meant to be, then edward wouldn't be looking at her like she was an imposter.

she closed her eyes and snapped out of it. the dirt on her skin and in her eyes made it pitch black, it made her see things in front of her eyes that didn't exist. needless to say she was going insane.

valerie hadn't been keeping track of the days, but she can tell it's getting cold. she kept trying to dig her way out of the hole but it was too deep and frankly, she wasn't motivated enough. at least that's what damon or rosalie would have said.

not that they would have ever envisioned a scenario where valerie was buried in a hole that seemingly kept filling up and burying her further down, like she was at the bottom of an hourglass. valerie has been in many rough situations but this is probably the stickiest one yet.

and maybe part of her wanted to stay down in that pit. the part of her that knew how much of a notion she was to her family. to her friends. to the volturi. before this she wouldn't have thought about them at all, but when you have time to think, you think hard.