

𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

edward kicked james who went flying through yet another mirror and ran back to the human

edward kicked james who went flying through yet another mirror and ran back to the human. valerie cut off his path.

"i've got her, you get him." she said. but he wasn't having any of that as he grabbed her by her hair and shoved her away.

asshole. i was literally trying to help you. she thought.

edward grabbed bella and attempted to jump up to the balcony but he was pulled down by an even angrier james, and thrown into the window. valerie got up and ran to bella only to see her pull out a large shard of glass from her leg.

unable to control herself around bella's blood any longer, she bit her.

valerie had never tasted anything so sweet before. even in her human lifetime.

bella looked own at her with a terrified yet confused expression. she asked herself, "why doesn't this hurt?", as edward once told her of the excruciating process of being bitten. but as valerie drank from her thigh, she honestly barely felt anything other than a light sting.

edward, revolted, charged at valerie tackling her to the ground. her mouth dropped the blood of his lover and he looked at her, betrayed, disgusted, but also confused about her odd bite.

that was what did it. the distraction had james jumping down to bella, grabbing her wrist and sinking his teeth in her wrist.

bella screamed at the second bite, the first being nothing more than a pinch. but, as james venom sank into her bloodstream, bella began to question valerie's intentions. did she lose control? or did she mean for that to happen? she really didn't understand valerie and probably never would.

more commotion between edward and james occurred until valerie intervened, mainly because she had been trying to control herself and not drain the bleeding human dry. now, she was lucid enough to know that she didn't want to really kill bella, but she was underestimating her ability to restrain herself.

edward had james against the wall, james clearly enjoying edward's anger.

"you know, she's always gonna be mine. always gonna hate you for what you did to her." he taunted, trying to get on his nerves which was clearly working. "if that bite doesn't turn or kill her, you know who will.

valerie charged at him trying to break them up. whatever was going through her mind wasn't rational thinking, and deep down she knew only one of them would live. still, she tried to throw edward off of james. why? she truly didn't know.

she didn't get that far though. as valerie tried to pry off edwards hands from james' neck, with all his strength, james held valerie back. and she wasn't strong enough to fight against him.

when edward's teeth ripped off a part of james's throat, valerie let out a scream for her friend. she knew it had to happen, but it didn't hurt any less.