

𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜

valerie knew that she was different than other cold ones

valerie knew that she was different than other cold ones. cadence understood why, after all she turned valerie all those years ago. so they were the same. valerie never really bothered to question it.

why wasn't she as cold?
why wasn't she as pale?
why didn't she sparkle in the sunlight?
how could she stomach human food?

so many questions racked through her brain, but she never really bothered to question it.

until she met james and victoria.

they told her about the legends of the cold ones, the dead among the living, the people who were like stone. but they also told her about the 'other' vampires. about the original family who were turned into vampires by their witch-mother. how one of them had a gene that made him turn into a wolf each full moon.

and most importantly, how valerie is a descendent from their bloodline.

valerie honestly never thought about it mainly because it made her more of an outsider to the yeveryone else that she knew. either way she found herself not giving a shit since both kinds loved and lived off of blood.

and when valerie was reunited with the two that made her feel most liberated, they found themselves craving for more.

the new addition, laurent, was obviously fed up with james and victoria's antics, and the addition of valerie to their group made him feel a fear he hadn't felt for over 300 years, since he was a human.

he thought of the stories of the ripper, a rogue vampire who made his way through houses and killed everything in sight. but then for some reason felt guilty enough to reassemble the corpses. a vampire like this could only descend from the most brutal of all the originals, klaus mikaelson. and laurent could only assume that the crazy had been passed down through the sirelines to the one and only valerie hale.

so while valerie, victoria and james got caught up and cleaned up, laurent could only worry for what was to come next.

she was clearly a woman scorned. twice that is by cormac drake and now edward cullen. the weight of both of them causing what little humanity she had left to be on the verge of destruction.

☽☽☽ ☾☾☾

"wait he brought his side piece into your bed?!?" victoria gasped. she didn't even think humans themselves went that low.

"you'd think for someone who's been alive for ya know over a hundred years would know that's wrong." james snarled in response, equally if not more angry at edward. nobody hurts their best girl.

"apparently she is his mate. and alice knew. they are the only ones responsible. well other than that walking blood bag currently in my home." valerie responded. seeing vic and jay improved her mood and dishing out her anger was surprisingly helping. jasper would be proud of her. well maybe not so proud at the pile of body parts left in the woods. but baby steps.

laurent was casually listening in on their not so private conversation. he had already seen what a problem this girl could be, and he hoped she wouldn't be joining them.

"i think it's time i pay mr cullen a visit." victoria said, cracking her knuckles. val laughed in response, knowing how bad of an idea is. while victoria was an older vampire with more experience, ya know, killing, edward was still a mind reader. not to mention the rest of the family would probably try and keep them from killing each other.

laurent chimed in for the first time. "i don't think that's the best choice. think rationally, victoria. we are quite the small group and i know that a whole coven would take us all out." he isn't wrong but that didn't make the couple any less settled.

"aw come on laurent, i only wanna crack some cheating husband!" victoria mock-whined. "and didn't you say that dr and mrs cullen have a nice house? you know i wanna see it." she really didn't and they all knew it. she just wanted to kill and eat the man and human that hurt her best girl.

laurent exhaled through his nostrils, as if he actually needed to breathe out a sigh.
"what about the dogs? they are definitely on our trail. especially now that you killed someone so close to their beach." he says, signalling to valerie.

well you clearly started it, considering he had a chunk missing from his neck when i found him. i just took care of the rest." valerie snaps back, arms crossed. she did not like this laurent. he acted which such self-righteousness, as if he wasn't killing people like two days ago.

"come on you two let's just leave now and get onto another town, before we actually get founded out."

"valerie is coming with us." james immediately said. valerie looked up at him surprised at how willing he was to let her join them. she hadn't felt this sense of belonging in a while, even though she was not part of this coven.

"james–"

"no, my coven my rules, or have you forgotten?" james taunted laurent. while laurent was strong and could possibly take james, he knew he would also have victoria on his side.

and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. or like a woman whose mate is threatened.

valerie stood behind them feeling a strange amount of confidence come onto her. she usually was quite self conscious about herself and her mind. something about the two mates made her feel something more.

bang!

"okay what the actual fuck?" victoria exclaimed.

"it's just thunder, nothing to worry about." laurent said calmly.

"like she would be scared of a little thunder." james said and nuzzled victorias neck. but valerie knew exactly what that sound was. her 'family' was playing ball.

"no that's not thunder."

"look up theres lightning"– laurent began but valerie raised her hand and cut him off.

"obviously i know it's thunder, but it's also something else." valerie snapped. she did not like this man's attitude.

"so... anyone up for a ball game?" valerie's smirk was replicated on the others minus laurent's face. all he could think right now was that valerie was leading them into danger. and he wasn't wrong.

a/n sorry for lack of updates but prepare for tension and violence woooo