Regret

Lovely

"Man shoot that shit" James said startling me. We been at the gun range for five minutes and he act like I'm supposed to be comfortable shooting a gun. 

"Just ease into. Ain't nothing to be scared of, you know how many niggas I popped in my lifetime..." his words trailed off when he saw the look on my face. "I mean not like...you know killed them...just blew they brains out" he said laughing. 

"You such an asshole" I said giving him the gun. "So how are you and Teddy truthfully? Cause my mans seemed a little pissed off when I came over and he seem mad that you came out with me today. What he a little insecure or something?" James asked. 

Yes Teddy is insecure but what man would want his wife spending anytime with her ex. Let alone first love. I had to lie and tell Teddy we were going to be discussing Honesty's visiting arrangements just so he let me go out with him. Ain't no way he would be okay with me owning a gun and he would've been pissed to know that Solomon showed up to the ice cream place. 

"He not insecure, just care about me a lot. The fact that me and you kinda had a serious relationship is hard for him to understand. He doesn't want any man who he think may like me in my life. You were the same when we were dating remember?" I asked thinking back to old times. 

James was a like superman to me years ago. He was one of the first guys who actually noticed me and even took me through hell and back. Our relationship didn't go as planned but I can't say that I'm not happy I met James. 

"Come here and shoot this" James said grabbing my hand. He placed the gun in my right hand and held the trigger over my hand with his left. I can feel his body on my back and the coolness of his breath on my neck sent chills down my spine. "Look you just gotta focus and not be scared. If someone coming to hurt you or Honesty I need you to be prepared and ready. Just aim and shoot"

*Pow Pow Pow* 

I pulled the trigger three times and I could feel my body start to tremble. The gun still had smoke coming from it and I hit the target perfectly. "There you go Beautiful" James said looking into my eyes. 

Old feelings were beginning to come back so I know I had to break loose from him. "Yeah its your turn to shoot" I said putting the gun in his hand. "Just know when I shoot, I don't miss. And when I want something, I got and get it" James said shooting the target directly on the bulls eye. 

I didn't know exactly what he meant by his comment but I'm pretty sure he was referring to me. 

Teddy 

"You know I really don't understand you. How can you want out from this man but yet still come around him?' I asked Christine as she played with Honesty in my office.

"It's more complicated than it seems. Solomon just has a way of making sure he gets what he wants. Right now Solo wants your wife, so he's making me bring him around more" Christine said like it was no big deal. 

"What the fuck Christine! I'm trying to help you get out of debt with this nigga and you over here helping him try to steal my wife" I said getting furious. I swear if it aint one thing than its another. 

Honesty placed her hands over her ears. I almost forgot she was in the room. "Daddy no more cussing" 

"I'm sorry baby, daddy's just upset. I won't do it anymore. Matter of fact lets have you visit uncle Dre for a minute" I said seeing Dre walk past my office. 

"Ayee Dre keep Honesty for a few minutes while I talk to Christine" I said stepping out my office. "Boy you crazy if you think ima watch your daughter while you have a booty call, shit at least let me join" he said laughing. "Fool this ain't no booty call we handling business and I just don't want her around while I'm talking about this"