Trust In Death Alone

Everybody went tense. Could he really have done that?

Kazuichi Soda: "AHH STAY AWAY FROM ME ALL OF YOU!!" He yelled scrambling backwards. After his outburst, it triggered unease in the others even more. Mikan started to cry and whimper while Sonia stepped closer to Tanaka. Fortunately with the chaos, Hajime had the opportunity to hide the book he was still holding behind his back. When no one was looking he slipped it under Nagito's head, disguising it as a pillow. Chiaki was the first to regain her composure. 

Chiaki Nanami: "Everybody wait a minute. This is what he intended when he told us that. He very well could have been lying in order to get us to slip up in the "game"." Listening to her, everyone started to calm down a bit. "Now let's just take a moment and think about this logically. If he were to be in us we would notice differences, there's secrets we have kept from each other that it would be next to impossible for him to learn about." they all looked uncomfortable at the mention of their secrets but they did agree with her.

Slowly, they started to get back into their groups and headed back to their rooms, the last being Chiaki staying with Hajime and Nagito. She didn't have a partner anymore after what happened to Saionji. They took turns watching him in case he woke up but the long hours were taking a toll on their mental health. Hajime sat leaning against the wall as the other two slept quietly on the floor. There was only 4 days left, he could hold out. Every so often Mikan would come in with some food for them and then to check on Nagito. She said his condition was improving but he needed to eat, and they didn't have any IV bags. She had given him small amounts of water through his mouth but didn't want to risk choking him with food. If he didn't wake up soon, he ran the risk of starving to death.

Nekomaru had taken to trying to break the walls down, but whatever they were made of didn't even dent. Akane tried throwing all sorts of things at the wall, including herself, but that didn't work either. Even Fuyuhiko had gotten fired up with him and Peko taking a shot at it. Somehow it turned into a competition to see who could leave more marks on the wall. Tanaka tried chanting some sort of spell at the wall and when it failed, claimed it had protection on it. Soda had tried taking apart the top of the elevator but it was sealed with concrete. Aside from Peko and Akane, the rest of the girls didn't even bother.

Every so often Nagito would stir, but he never became fully conscious. Soon enough another day had passed, 3 days remained. Now that Izuru was dead, nobody was sure what would happen when the time ran out. 

The area on the back of Nagito's head had healed for the most part but his white hair was now stained with streaks of red. He had become even thinner though a little color had returned to his face. Hajime sighed as he sat there. He hadn't bothered joining the competition, he knew it would be useless. For all he knew his talent could be the ultimate weakling. One thing he was sure of is he didn't have the strength to damage the walls. Nagito started to stir again but still remained unconscious. An alarm went off signalling his shift had ended. He shook Nanami awake as they traded places. He saw her stretch and sit down while he laid on the floor and closed his eyes.

SPOILERS ABOUT NAGITO'S PAST. SKIP TO NEXT PART TO AVOID.

Nagito Komaeda: I remember.. I saw Kamukura standing in front of me and Hajime. There was an object in his pocket, and trusting my luck, it was his hidden object. He ran towards Izuru yelling, he didn't expect to take him down, that would be his job. All he had to do was slip his hand in his pocket. As he wrapped his hand around a firm handle. He didn't expect the blow to his stomach or the impact against the wall, but that didn't matter. When he saw the blue writing he knew he had won. Shortly after he began to see black spots on his vision and he couldn't hold himself up any longer.

As he fell in and out of his deep sleep things started to come back to him. How he had planned to kill somebody then threw Teruteru under the bus instead. How he had manipulated Byakuya. Then to sitting on the hospital bed as the doctors gave him the grave news. He remembered the cold glare of the assailant when he was kidnapped. Then he remembered the worst of all. Being on the plane. Seeing his mom and dad fall to the ground. The screams around him drowning out his thoughts. It was too much he couldn't deal with it again. He wanted out, to just go home and wake up to them at breakfast.

He jolted up with a gasp, causing Nanami to jump.