Chapter 1 - A Rough Start

Y/N's POV:

I stood up, looking at myself in the mirror. I had a giant bruise on my cheek from getting punched in the face the night before. I decided that I needed to cover up it, so people wouldn't get suspicious, so I pulled out some drug store foundation and started applying it over the bruised area. It hurt as I blended it out, but I had felt worse pain so I just had to deal with it. 

After I had finished covering up the bruise, I decided I wanted to treat myself, so I grabbed my car keys off the dresser in my bedroom and made my way downstairs towards the front door. My dad didn't seem to be home, which I was used to since he was always usually at his office dealing with other people's issues. I opened the front door as the early morning sun shined into the house and onto my face. It was nice to feel that warm fuzzy feeling of the sun shining on my cheeks, it made me feel better about my somewhat fucked up life. 

I made my way out the door, shutting it behind me and making my way towards my car. Someone had rear ended me about a week ago so the back of my car was pretty screwed up, but I was a poor college student, I didn't have the money to get it fixed, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna ask my dad for some extra cash, so I decided to just let it be. There was no point and getting worked up over something so small in my life. 

I pulled open the door of my car and sat down inside, before starting it up and pulling out of the driveway. I needed to take a breather after my hell of a night last night so I decided that getting some coffee might do me good, especially since school would be starting back up soon and I needed to get back to doing my college school work, before my dad threw another temper tantrum about me living in his house still. I'd get out of there if I could I just didn't have the funds for an apartment at the moment. It's not like my shitty department store job was paying me any good. 

I needed to relax, get my mind off of things for now. God I just wish someone would send me a sign so that I knew they at least cared.  But that's just the world we live in I guess, no one gives a shit about you or your feelings.