Chapter 6 - Just A Dream

I opened my eyes, finding myself in a dark and run down pizzeria style building. There was strange art on the walls and as I looked closer at all of them I realized they were drawings of different animal characters, those similar to the beloved robots at the old Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. 

I looked all around me. The walls were all dirty and old, along with a lot of the decorations in the place. 

As I continued to walk, I found a fox head, similar to the robot named Foxy. That's when I knew for sure that this was some kind of Freddy Fazbear restaurant. 

Suddenly, I heard the cries of a child. "Hello!?" I called out. "Is someone there!?" I looked around, falling the cries, only to come upon a white ghost-like thing cowering before me. "Hello?" I questioned, kneeling down to the spirit's level. 

The ghost turned to face me. They were only a small child. "He's coming, we have to hide!" The child exclaimed, though they tried to remain quiet. 

"Who's coming?" I asked, but that's when I heard it. 

"Y/N..." The voice spoke. 

My eyes widened as I recognized the voice. It was Springtrap... 

"Springtrap?" I questioned, turning to look around for him. 

The child began grabbing at my arm and tugging me away. "We must go now! Before he finds us!"

I struggled to release myself from the child's grasp, as they continued to pull me towards a storage closet. "No! Wait! What's going on!? Why do we need to hide!? Springtrap doesn't seem bad." 

"That's exactly what he wants you to think." The child spoke, shutting the door to the closet. "He wants to hurt you! Like he hurt all of us!"

"Who's us!?" I yelled, demanding for answers. 

"The missing kids..." The child replied, their voice turning soft and full of sorrow. 

Suddenly it all made sense. "You're one of the ghost kids. One of the many children Springtrap killed..." 

The child nodded, tears almost forming in their cold undead eyes. "We have to protect you, just like we protected Deliah. He is a bad man, he hurt us..." 

I felt my heart drop into my stomach when the child said Springtrap hurt them. I felt so much pity for them. These kids never got to live their lives, all because Springtrap wanted a family of his own. As much as I felt bad for Springtrap, I knew he was never in the right. But as much as he terrified me, I had this feeling that this horrible man could change. 

I heard the door knob behind me begin to turn.

I turned around, making eye contact with a horribly mutilated version of Springtrap. He had wires sticking out of his endo skeleton and blood staining his golden fur. 

"Y/N..." He spoke softly. "My precious Y/N..." 

Why was he speaking like this? I thought.

"Every minute we're apart it pains me, which is why I'm never letting you go again..." Springtrap smiled, reaching out to grab my arm and pulling me in for an embrace. 

He leaned in, whispering in my ear. "Welcome to the family darling..."

I sat up in bed, my eyes wide open and my palms sweaty. I heaved a long sigh, then spoke. "It was just a dream..."