Chapter 5 - Helping A Friend

Y/N's POV:

"Hey, dad?" I spoke, a small stutter in my voice as I walked into the kitchen, seeing my father rummaging through the fridge.

"Y/N, shouldn't you be doing your schooling?" My father replied, his voice was stern.

"I still have 2 days till I need to be working on it." I answered, trying not to make eye contact. 

"Well you should be working on it now, you can't stay here forever. You're lucky I even let you stay here at all." He responded, grabbing a beer from the fridge and brushing past me towards the living room. 

I sighed. "I know dad. Anyways, Harry came by the house today looking for you, but obviously you weren't here. He came by with a friend, and his friend was looking to organize a meeting with you. I offered to ask for him since you were gone. So I guess this is me asking for Harry's friend, if he can talk to you one of these days." I explained, struggling to not tell my dad exactly who Springtrap was. 

My dad sat on the couch, watching the news, and sipping on his beer. "Is the kid willing to pay for the sessions?" 

Why is it always money with you? I thought, though I'd never say it aloud to him. "I'm sure he is, but, uh, well, Harry's friend isn't exactly a kid..."

"So what, Harry's hanging out with people way older then him? God my sister is a fucking idiot. She should learn to raise that kid right." My dad huffed, taking another sip of his beer. 

"Yeah... anyways, that's all I wanted to say. I'll go now." I turned away, before my dad stopped me.

"Wait, Y/N." He sighed. "Tell Harry's friend that if he stops by my office one of these days we can arrange something."

I nodded. "Alright, night dad." I turned away, heading up the stairs towards my bedroom. 

I shut the door behind me and fell face first into bed. I was tired and stressed. I hated talking to my dad. I always worried I'd say something wrong. I worried he might get upset if I say something that ticks him off. I try not to bring mom up. That's something that really puts him over the edge. 

I sighed, remembering that look in Springtrap's eyes as he walked away from me. He had such kind eyes, and a warming smile. 

I shook the thought of him away, knowing I needed to clear my mind and go to sleep, it was late after all.

Slowly, I began to drift off to sleep, with the memory of Springtrap's face in the back of my mind.