Chapter 2 - A Startled First Meeting

I decided after I had spent a couple hours out of the house that I should start heading back towards home. I thought maybe by now the heat from last night had died down and I'd be able to return home without worrying about the possible consequences. 

I let out a long sigh before stepping out of my car and heading for the door. But as I approached it I realized something was wrong. The front door was cracked open, which is when I realized I had forgotten to lock the door. My father's car wasn't in the garage so it couldn't be him that had left it open. 

I pulled out the pepper spray that was hanging on my key chain and held it out, ready to spray anyone who had maybe entered the house uninvited. 

Nothing seemed out of ordinary as I walked inside. Nothing seemed to have been stolen, so maybe the wind had just blew the door open? Possibly. I lowered my pepper spray a little bit, before hearing a loud bang come from the kitchen. I looked down the hall, and yelled out. "Who's there!?" I exclaimed, a hint of scarce in my voice. 

That's when I saw a giant figure enter the hallway that led to the kitchen. It was a very tall figure, they were as tall as the door frame, maybe even more. The figure began approaching me, their broad shoulders moving closer and closer to me with every loud step they took. I couldn't see their face, only their silhouette slowly easing nearer. Parts of them slowly became clearer as they came closer. I started to realize the figure standing before me had some sort of rabbit ears. Their movements sounding almost mechanical, but still moving like a fluent human. I looked towards them, the figures eyes slowly revealed themselves, as they glowed a bright purple. 

That's when the light from the living room finally showed the figures true form. A giant golden rabbit animatronic standing before, with glowing purple eyes, and a somewhat friendly smile. 

I let out a bloody scream before spraying the giant rabbit in the eyes with the pepper spray. To my surprised, nothing happened. The rabbit just stood their with an annoyed expression on his face. 

"Y/N?" A voice from the stairway said.

I looked over, locking eyes with my annoying younger cousin, Harry. Who lived a couple houses down the street. 

"Harry!?" I exclaimed, confused as to why he was in my house, but I shook it off and instead started grabbing him by the arm and pulling him behind me. "Stay behind me!" I began shielding Harry from the giant metal bunny, worried he may try to harm him. 

Harry pulled away from my grasp, trying to calm me down. "Woah, chill out Y/N, you don't need to worry. Springtrap is a friend." He explained, stepping towards the yellow rabbit. 

I shook my head in disbelief. "Friend?" I questioned, slightly lowering the pepper spray. 

Harry sighed. "Yes, Springtrap is a friend, I promise he won't harm you. Or at least I hope he doesn't." Harry said under his breath, though I still heard it. 

"I am so fucking confused right now!" My shoulders held high, as I tried not to make eye contact with the bunny man. 

"Alright, just give me a chance to explain everything." Harry said, gesturing me to sit on the couch. 

Reluctantly, I took a seat down on my sofa, setting my bag and keys down beside me. I looked up, seeing the rabbit pier down at me. He stood tall, his broad shoulders blocking the living room light. He laid his hands out as I shielded myself from him, thinking he was gonna hit me. 

"Cookies?" He asked.

I opened my eyes, seeing a plate of chocolate chip cookies in front of me. "How did you-" I began before being cut off.

"I made them myself. That's what I was doing in your kitchen, sorry for startling you. I didn't mean it." The giant rabbit spoke with a soft tone. 

I locked eyes with him. Now, I didn't seem so scared. All the terror I had felt just a few seconds ago, and kind of settled. "Uh yeah, don't worry about it." I replied, taking one of the cookies off the plate. 

Harry sat down on the coffee table in front of me, heaving a long sigh as if he was about to start a long story. "Alright, this is Springtrap. He's a robot from the old Freddy Fazbears that used to be in town. You know the story about the missing kids that were stuffed into the animatronics?" Harry asked, leaning forward, his arms crossed over his chest.

I nodded. "Yeah. Wait! He's one of them, isn't he!? He's a dead kid!?" 

"Not exactly." Harry continued. "Springtrap isn't a dead kid, he's actually, uh, well how do I put this?" 

"I was the one that killed them..." Springtrap spoke, his rabbit ears laid down in front of his face, covering his eyes. 

I felt my heart drop into my stomach when I heard the words that came out of the rabbit's mouth. I had no words. Instead, I sat there, slightly shaking out of fear.

"Yeah, that." Harry said, adjusting his seating arrangement. "But I promise, Y/N, you have nothing to worry about, Springtrap's trying to be better. Now let me continue-" 

Harry then went on to explain the entirety of Springtrap's past and current mental state. And that's when I knew that my life would never be the same after this moment.