Chapter 3

Cleo's POV?

I woke to birds chirping out my window and the sun shined bright. I opened my eyes and realized my hand was still on my belly. Unlike the past three weeks, I felt fine. I guess my baby was giving me a break for a while. I rubbed my belly very softly and kissed my hand and placed it on my belly?

I placed my other one on top of it. I through the covers off me and went to my bathroom. I turned the dials of the bathtub and fill the tube with water. I got in and my legs turned into a tail. I hummed to myself, thinking about the dream last night?

Could the baby have those powers. I will worry about that when the time comes. The problem is if I should tell Lewis about the baby. He is the father but he is happy with Charlotte. Since she now hates us, if she knew about my baby she would try to make Lewis think I'm lying about the baby. I wonder if the baby will have my eyes or Lewis's. I really wouldn't care I'm just curious that's all. I know my baby will be beautiful. I heard a knock on my door?

Cleo are you okay in there. I heard dad yell. I smiled. Yeah dad. I'm fine?

Okay honey. Just hurry up you don't want to be late for school. He told me. Okay dad. I won't?

I took the stopper out and the water went down the drain. I lifted the water off my tail and my legs came back. I grabbed my towel and got dressed in my room. I through on a shirt and shorts and grabbed my book bag. I rushed out my room and said goodbye to dad and went off to school?

I was walking when I spotted Charlotte and Lewis talking. They were both laughing and I felt like I was just slapped in the face. Charlotte saw me and smirked and leaned in a kissed him. I felt my heartbreak and I took off. I left the school and went to the beach?

I went to were Lewis used to fish. I felt dead inside as I just stared at the sea. I know I was the one who broke up with Lewis but I don't know if I'm jealous of them I really do love Lewis. They have more in common than I ever did, even before we were together. I feel so confused?

Rikki's POV?

As Emma and I walked on the school ground, we saw Cleo run off. I wonder why. I looked to the left and saw Charlotte kissing Lewis. That little bitch. I was about to go yell at her when Emma grabbed my arm and shook her head no. We both went to our lockers. I shoved my key into the lock, turned clockwise and ripped open the door and through my stuff in. I slammed the door and turned to look at Emma?

God, I can't stand Charlotte. I growled. Emma gave me a pity look. I hate pity. Look, we just have to ignore her. We have to think about Cleo now. You know she still hasn't gotten over Lewis. And besides, Charlotte is more powerful then all three of us put together. She can probably roast us alive?

Wonder why not yet. I mumbled. I saw Emma raise an eyebrow. What. I groaned. I really don't want an Emma lecture right now. I get enough of those already?

Us and Cleo. We are his best friends and he has known Cleo since they were five. You really think Charlotte will ruin her relation with Lewis just to get a little pay back. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow at her. For God sakes the psychopath tried to expose our secret when she got a little jealous at you and Cleo and attacked Nate, almost killing him. I'm surprise she hasn't lost it already?

Emma closed her locker and turned fully around to look at me. Rikki just don't. We already have enough to worry about. Let's talk to Cleo after school. She needs us more than ever. I sighed and looked at her. I hate when she's right. I frowned and went to class?

Cleo's POV?

Just when I thought everything was turning around, I feel flattened by the world. I breathed in the salty air and watch the sea's waves tumble up on the beach. I felt so lost now and I didn't like it. I then felt a pain shot from my belly. I hunched over and gasped. I felt like my stomach was twisting apart?

I couldn't breathe and everything was get a little fuzzy. Please don't let this be what I think it is. Just please. I stood up and then fell again. Please not my baby. Anything but that. I took out my phone and texted Emma to come to the beach?

Emma's POV?

Cleo wasn't in class today. Now I'm worried. When the bell rung, signaling school was now over my phone beeped. I flipped open my phone and saw a message from Cleo?

Something is wrong. My stomach is cramping. I'm at the beach. Please come quickly?

Cleo?

I snapped my phone shut and sprinted out the room. I found Rikki at her locker. I ran up to her. We have to go to the beach. I told her. She looked at me confused. Why?

I took my phone and showed her the message. She then grabbed my hand we both took off to the beach. Since the school was farther away from the beach, we just dove into the river that went straight to the beach. We speed straight there and Rikki dried us off. We ran onto the beach and we saw Cleo hunched over in pain?

I dropped right at her side. Cleo look at me. I demanded. Her eyes opened slightly when then closed again and she whimpered in pain. Rikki was panicking. What do we do. She yelled. I don't have an answer?

I noticed that dark clouds were starting to form and we heard a clap of thunder and the wind started to pick up. Did the weather say anything about thunderstorms. Rikki yelled. No. Cleo was still hunched over in pain when a lightning bolt shot right in front of us. That is when Cleo passed out and the sky started to clear?

Cleo. Cleo. She was not responding. I looked at Rikki. Let's get her home. I told her. What about that lightning bolt that almost took our heads off. I rolled my eyes. We'll worry about that later. Let's just get her home. Rikki and slowly lifted Cleo up on her feet when we heard her moan. Well at least she responsive now?