Chapter 7

Cleo's POV?

We finally made it to Emma's house. I was emotionally drained. All this because of my baby. But will not think of him or her in that way. I love my baby and no one is going to change how I feel about him or her?

We went to Emma's room and I leaned back and rested on the pillows. I sighed and looked at my two best friends. It felt good that they are friends again but how. Okay guys, when did you two apologize. I asked them?

Emma and Rikki looked at each other. Emma sighed. When you left, I thought about what you said and you were right. I wasn't being fair so I went looking for Rikki and apologized. We made up and went looking for you when we saw you fighting with your dad and sister. Rikki looked confused. Yeah, I was wondering. Why was your mother there. Rikki asked. During that whole thing your mom said not one thing. Not even when you slapped Kim, props for you for finally doing that. I would have done that a long time ago but hey it would be a little much whenever I came over?

I laughed, something I haven't done for a while but Emma did not laugh with us. Em, what's wrong. She looked between the both of us. I was talking to Lewis when you came back and after you left. And I know you said we shouldn't tell Lewis but maybe Rikki and I should tell him. Since you have been under a lot of stress, which is not good for the baby, maybe we will help you by telling Lewis ourselves. I sighed and sat up?

You guys are sweet but it's my job to tell Lewis. This is our baby and I will tell when the time is right. Rikki grinned. Well in my opinion, you should tell him fast. You're already showing a little and Lewis can be a total idiot sometimes but he will figure it out, one way or the other. I sighed and messed with my hair. I know. I admitted. But will I be doing the right thing. He has worked so hard in school. With a baby to think about, he would be distracted and his grades might suffer because of it. I don't want to hold him back?

Emma smiled and held my hand. Cleo that is Lewis's choice. If he wants to be with the baby and focus on school, then he can. But he could always find another way to be a Marine Biologist. Just let him make the choice. I smiled. For once, from these couple of days of stress, Emma has given me wisdom. I smiled and hugged her?

Thank you. I told her. Emma pulled away from me and held my arms. It's fine. How about tonight we have a sleepover. Just us three. Something nice and normal and without all the crazy people and full moon. Rikki sat up on her feet and smiled. Well, I'm down with that?

I smiled. And so am I but I don't have any pajamas. Rikki walked to the door and grabbed the door knob. I'll go to your house and get them for you. Your dad doesn't scare me. I was about to protest when she walked out the door?

I sighed. I hope Rikki doesn't cause any more trouble?

Rikki's POV?

I shut Emma's door behind me and walked down the hall to the door. I walked out of her house and walked all the way to Cleo's house. I sighed and knocked on the door. I heard running and the door flew open and Mr. Sectori was standing there with a smug look on his face. We'll I knew that your friends would never... Rikki what are you doing here?

He actually looked surprised that I was here. Umm... I'm just getting some stuff for Cleo. We're having a sleepover and I thought she would like some clothes to wear for the next couple of days. Mr. Sertori looked very confused and irritated at the same time. Where is Cleo. He demanded. I rolled my eyes and looked at him?

You really think I would tell you where Cleo is after you attacked her once and threatened to hurt her baby. I yelled. Mr. Sectori turned red and wouldn't look at me. I have no idea what you are talking about. He said, embarrassed. Please, if you really think you can lie to my face there is really no reason to talk to me. I saw the bruises on Cleo's arm when she told us what had happen?

I'm not blind and I'm not stupid. Please, you really think I'm that dumb. I saw the bruises myself Mr. Sectori. I'm not blind. If you want to see your daughter again, how about apologizing for attacking her and threatening her baby. For God sakes, that baby is not only a part of Cleo. That baby is a part of you too. That is your grandson or granddaughter and you look at it like a dangerous insect that must be squashed. Try looking past that and try to see Cleo's point of view. She's scared to death and instead of going to you she went to us. Think about that?

I pushed past him and walked to the stairs and walked up the second floor to Cleo's room. I opened her door and closed it behind me. I grabbed a bag from Cleo's closet and packed a few shorts, shirts and her pajamas. While I was packing I heard the door open. I turned around and Kim standing there with her mom?

Great. Where's Cleo. Cleo's mom asked. I rolled my eyes and zipped up her bag. I felt her grab my arm and I was forced to turn around. I pushed her away?

Don't ever touch me again. I yelled. And you have no right to ask about Cleo. Since this whole thing happened, you haven't said one thing. So don't come demanding me about Cleo when we both know is that you don't care. I grabbed the bag of clothes and left. I walked down the stairs when I saw Mr. Sertori sitting on the couch with his head resting in his hands?

I actually felt sorry for him. I sighed and grabbed a piece and wrote down Emma's number. I walked to the couch and handed it to him. Here's a number if you want to contact Cleo but only use it if you want to apologize. He looked at the paper and then at me and took the paper from my hand. I walked to the door and left. I hope I did the right thing?

Cleo's POV?

Emma and I were talking like friends again. It felt nice. I felt like our one year anniversary as mermaids. I thought I was losing my friends, I guess I was wrong. We were fixing up the living room with sleeping bags, movies and pillows when Rikki returned with a bag of my clothes?

She placed them next to me and sat down on the sleeping bag with us but looked upset. Now I'm concerned. Rikki, what's wrong. She looked up at me with a sigh. When your dad was demanding where you were I kind of told him off. Then when I was about to leave he looked so upset, like someone shoot his dog right in front of him. Now I feel really bad. Oh, poor Rikki?

I scooted closer to her. It's okay Rikki. To me you did the right thing. It was his choice to react like that. You were being a caring friend for what you did. She looked at me, skeptical. You really think that. I smiled?

Of course I do. You were just being a good friend. I would have done the same. Rikki smiled and leaned back, lying on a pillow. Okay now that is over. Let's pop some popcorn and watch some movies. Emma sat up and ran to the kitchen and was looking through the movies when the phone rang. Hello. She asked?

Emma came out of the kitchen with a shocked look. She handed me the phone. I grabbed the phone and looked at it confused. Who is it. I mouthed. It's your dad. She whispered. I felt my blood run cold and brought the phone to my ear?