Chapter 10

Cleo's POV?

I placed my hand around my bare neck. I can't believe she stooped so low. I had to tell Lewis. I slowly got up to my feet. I groaned from the pain I still felt. Charlotte will pay for what she did. She could hurt me but when it comes to my child there will be hell to pay?

I hurried to The Juice Net when I saw Lewis putting my locket around Charlotte's neck. She turned around and gave him a big kiss on the lips. I saw her look at me taunting me. How could Lewis just let her wear my locket. Lewis pulled away from the kiss and turned around?

He looked at me and gotten angry quickly. Cleo what are you doing here. Don't you have someone else to go to. Like your child's father. I placed a hand on my belly. He knows. Lewis I--?

He shook his head at me. Stop it Cleo. You lied to me and cheated on me. Cheated on him. I never cheated on him. Who would ever give him that idea?

I looked at Charlotte who was smirking at me. How could she do this. God Lewis. You can't believe her. Lewis it's not--?

Please just stop with the lies. I thought we were close but you just turned out to be a two-timer. At first I thought I loved you and you just broke my heart. I felt tears fill in my eyes. Lewis please. I-- He shook his head at me. Go Cleo. I never want to see you again?

I saw him grab Charlotte's hand and sat back down in the chair. I felt like my air was stuck in my throat and I began to feel uneasy like the world was spinning. I didn't know what to do. I turned and ran out of the Cafe and went to the beach. I sat down in the sand and stared out at the water?

She was right. I am pathetic. I don't deserve to be a mermaid. Why is everything becoming so hard. The only time everything is okay is when I'm in the ocean. A safe place. A place where nothing can happen?

I looked down at my feet and saw the tide splash near them. I looked up at the water. It looked so inviting. I could go anywhere. Get away from everything. It would just be me and the baby?

That's all that really counts right. I know the baby will be a mermaid. We could live out there together where no one could harm us. I got up to my feet and ran to the water and drove in. I felt my tail appear like always. I swam away just leaving my problems behind me?

Few Hours Later?

Emma's POV?

I wonder where Cleo is. Really haven't seen her today. Rikki and I were in my room doing homework. I looked up from my textbook and looked over at her. Rikki do you think Cleo is okay. She looked really upset at Juice Net?

She dropped her notebook on her lap and gave me a look. She's probably fine. I think we kind of scared her today. We shouldn't have said that. She has enough to worry about. She hasn't even told Lewis about the baby yet. I sighed and sat up. I know but I have a feeling something bad has happened to her. I don't know. It's just a feeling. Rikki sighed and smiled at me. Please. I bet Cleo is at home now feeding her fish and just doing homework like we are doing?

I laughed. That did sounds like something Cleo would do. I guess I'm over reacting just a little but I couldn't shake the feeling off. What if there was something wrong?

My phone began to ring. I wonder if it's Cleo. Hello, Cleo. I spoke into the phone. Emma please tell me Cleo's there. Mr. Sectori panicked into the phone. No She's not?

I heard him groaned and make a nervous sound. Well is she with Rikki. Please say she's with Rikki. He begged. No she's not. Rikki's with me. Mr. Sectori what's going on. He sighed again so sadly. It's Cleo. We had an argument today and she took off. I haven't seen her in hours. Emma I'm worried. She's never been out this late. Please call everyone you know who have seen her?