Chapter 8

Cleo's POV?

Hello. I said into the phone. I really never thought he would actually talk to me again what he said to me. Hello Cleo. Cleo... umm... can you meet me at my boat tomorrow. I would really like to talk to you. I raised an eyebrow and frowned. And why should I do that after what you said. How do I know you won't hurt my baby?

I saw Emma frowning and Rikki smiling. I turned my attention back to the conversation when I heard quivering on the phone. Was my dad crying. I didn't mean for him to feel that guilty. I sighed. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow on your boat?

Emma and Rikki shook their heads so fast they looked like bubble-heads. I laughed a little and heard my dad sigh. Okay, sweetheart. See you tomorrow. He said and then hung up on me. He actually called me sweetheart again. I don't know if he meant it or was trying to make me come to his boat tomorrow, thinking that he's changed?

I pulled the phone away from my ear and pressed end. I don't think this is a good idea. Emma told me sternly. Rikki folded her arms. Well I do. I gave him that number if he ever wants to apologize so maybe he wants to. Emma frowned at Rikki?

Or he's trying to do something to hurt her baby. Remember what he said at the Marine Park. I say we don't trust him. Rikki and Emma started debating the pros and cons of me going tomorrow. They were starting to give me a headache. With my hormones beginning to become out of whack, they were driving me crazy. Guys would you stop. I shouted?

They finally stopped and they looked at me. I sighed happily. How about you come watch me. You can stay in the water and stop if things don't look so good. Emma and Rikki looked at each other and they smiled. Now that is something that we can do. Rikki approved?

And if one thing doesn't look good, we interfere instantly. Emma told me seriously. I nodded. Rikki and Emma got up and sat next to me and qe did a group hug. I was actually worried. I have never been afraid of my dad till now so I wondered if I could actually trust him?

The whole night, we all were friends again. Eating junk food, watching terrible movies and just laughed together. Emma and Rikki had finally fell asleep, late, but I just couldn't sleep. I was too worried. That is when my phone beeps. I flipped it open. Bold=text messages?

Hey. Lewis?

Hi. What are you doing up so late. Cleo?

I waited for a few seconds when he responded back?

I should be asking you that. But if you must know, I couldn't sleep. I felt like someone was telling me to text you. Are you okay. Lewis?

I smiled and text back?

Yeah. My life has been hell for the past couple of days. Nothing to worry about. You should think more about Charlotte anyway. Cleo?

I waited longer for his reply?

What are you talking about. You and the girls come first. Are you sure nothing is going on. Lately, I feel like you have been ignoring me. Should I know something. Lewis?

I panicked and started chewing on my thumb nail. I shook my head. No I can't tell him. Not yet anyway?

No. My dad has been stressed out and snaps mostly at anyone now these days. I'll be okay. Why are you worried about me anyway. Cleo?

My phone beeped again?

Cleo, you're my best friend. We know more about each other than anyone else has. You know things about me that Charlotte doesn't even know. She is my girlfriend but you will always come first Remember that. Lewis?

I felt tears in my eyes. I whipped them away quickly?

Lewis, I have to go. I'm getting tired. I'll talk to you later. Cleo?

I slammed my phone close and threw it to the floor. I held my head and cried. I jumped when I felt someone touch my shoulder. It was Emma. I tried my best not to cry in front of her but I just couldn't. Emma held me as I cried on her shoulder?

Why can't love be simple. I cried til I was completely out of it. I thanked Emma and we went to sleep. The next morning I felt so nervous. I was now on the docks, walking to my dad's boat?

Emma and Rikki were in the water right next to my dad's boat to help if they can. I sat right in front of his door while he was talking to one of his shipmates. He turned around and saw me. My heart was telling me to stay but my head was telling me to run away as fast as possible. I looked down and played with my fingers?

He came closer but I flinched away. I couldn't help it nerves were driving me crazy. I saw my dad look at my arms and guilt was in his eyes. I looked down at the bruises that were left when he grabbed me. I hide my arms behind my back?

Dad if you have anything to say, please say it or I will leave. I told him. I know I was mean but he called me and was as quiet as a mouse. He looked me in the eyes and grabbed my arms. Cleo, I'm so sorry. He told me. He released my right arm and smoothed my hair?

It's just that you're so young and I felt like you were slipping through my fingers. I know that doesn't excuse my behavior but you are my little girl. It's hard to picture you as a young mother, taking care of a baby, struggling. I'm so sorry Cleo. Is there anyway you can forgive me your dear old dad?

I sobbed and threw my arms around him. I know. I'm a push over but I just couldn't hold a grudge against him. I felt my dad hug me tighter and smoothed my hair down my back. I love you Cleo, never forget that okay. I nodded and hugged him tighter. I finally have my dad back?

No One's POV?

Charlotte was walking around the docks when she saw Cleo and her dad talking. She glared at Cleo. She wish she would just fall off the face of the earth. She walked closer to see what they were talking about and saw them hugging each other very tightly when she notice something different about Cleo?

So you will come back home. Mr. Sertori pleaded to her. Cleo smiled and nodded. As long as you will have me back dad. Mr. Sectori brushed Cleo's hair back and held her face. I wouldn't have it any other way. Especially with my grandchild inside you?

Charlotte gasped and hide behind some boxes near some boats. She growled and stormed off. She wants Lewis and she was not going to lose him. At anything means necessary?