Chapter 6

“Tycen are you sure you're okay and ready for school today?” Vanessa asked the umpteenth time as Tycen threw his bag on his back, putting his hands under the straps and sat up from his bed.

“I already told you Vanessa, I'm fine. I'm okay. I can go back to school now. but you shouldn't have stayed with me. The principal is going to be pissed!”

“Man nobody gives a fuck about her. You're the main priority. What asshole, piece of shit let's a student who physically abuses others remain in their school?”

“Bling stop! That's not a nice thing to say. She doesn't have any choice than to put up with those assholes Bling. But anyway, let's go. We're in so much trouble. Gosh!”

She rolled her pewter grey eyes, “Fine. Whatever. Let's bounce.”

Today is Friday, a few days since the fighting incident with Sanjay and his best friend. Vanessa has been by Tycen's side as he began to recover.

He may be human, but the blood of werewolves still runs through his body. That means, he may not heal as fast as actually wolves but... With the help of herbs he'll be fine if the wounds aren't too severe!

“Children, are you leaving already?” Nana sat up from the chair in the living room. Looking at them both with pear green eyes, scanning their bodies.

“Yes Nana.” they chorus.

“Tycen my dear, are you okay? Are you sure you are ready for school? Why don't you go next week. You don't look that up-to-date my sweet boy.” she cocked her head to the right.

“Guys! Nana, Bling. I'm okay, I'm A-OK. Stop worrying so much about me I'm not a baby that needs constant protection.” he rolled his eyes and looked away.

“(Sighs,) I'm sorry if I annoyed you. I-I am just worried. When I saw Vanessa carrying you inside with bruises all over you I just felt useless and—” She started to cry. “I'm not serving any purpose in your lives. I hope you both make it through school and can leave the pack. Start your o—”

“NANA!” They cut her off, both running to her and taking her into their arms as she sobs.

“Stop worrying so much about us, we'll be okay Nana stop!” Vanessa rests her head on hers.

“Exactly, Bling and I will be just fine. Don't worry so much about us. We're old enough to take care of ourselves okay Nana?” Tycen rests his head on her shoulder and the mood lightens.

“I can't believe you and I will be back to working in the pack house by Monday evening!” Vanessa stomped in the vehicle.

Since they're still young, unlike the other Omegas who are adults. Xavier let them have a free weak from being at the pack house and working. And when they eventually resume, it'll be only at evenings.

“That sleeveen of a man always gives us the most onerous things to do. What's the fucking point in giving us a week off if he'll torture us all over again?” Tycen turned a corner and hissed.

[You know Vanessa, we could just make things easier by slitting his throat and feeding him to wild picaros!] Akeyla suggested and gave a jeer.

‘Hey, shut up. Are you trying to get me killed wolf?’ Vanessa hissed at her and Akeyla growled. ‘This girl never listens to anything I say goddammit!’

“Anyway, it's the last day of the school week. I'm hoping maybe, we can go to the park and buy ice cream? I love ice cream!”

“Sure Tycen, anything for you.”

Not long after they arrive at K-Swiss Highschool to see it buzzing with life. Despite the time being 7:20 am. School begins by 8:00 am sharp.

“I wonder if Falcon is here.” Tycen looks around briefly, eyeing all students as they walk pass. Ignoring his existence and presence there overall.