Chapter 15

Present—

Vanessa stopped at a corner and looked around for anybody, realizing she isn't being watched she began to redo the buttons on her uniform blouse then tuck it back into her skirt. Afterwards she did all the buttons on her jacket and only hoped she looked sensible. As of now she's hella sure that she resembles a wild animal.

“Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!” She cursed and combed her hair with her fingers, hopefully it doesn't look at messy as she thinks it does. After checking her exterior another time she looked around again then began walking back into the school.

By now it's class time and her teachers will be pissed off but, she needs to find Tycen and make sure he is okay. School can wait, after all, she can always rob a bank if she doesn't get a proper job.

[You want to get us killed you fucking moron.] Akeyla being the petty wolf she is said, Vanessa groaned and stopped walking.

‘Do you think learning is easy? Since you're smarter than I am what the heck do you get taught?’

[This is why you should go to school and pay attention, you're here asking me bullshit questions. Aren't we the same person you stupid ass!]

‘I swear if I could kill you I would.’ Deciding to ignore the gnawing voice in her head she began walking and soon found herself inside the school building. Almost all students have already retreated to their classes.

She sniffed the air but couldn't smell Tycen, becoming even more worried she began running through the halls which is against the rules but let's be real, Vanessa is not the type to actually give a fuck about or follow rules apart from those she made. And so, despite some teachers spotting her and calling her back, she kept running, like a track star.

As she ran passed, Keegan was just in time to see her. He had a pile of papers in his hands and he stopped walking. His left brow arched with curiosity as she disappeared. “Where is she running to like that? And why hasn't a teacher seen her and given her detention yet? Hmm.”

She was by now running around the school looking for Tycen but still couldn't find him. She was worried sick, fearing that maybe Romayne had beaten him up again and dumped his body somewhere to rot. She hated starting new schools but realized it isn't even the school she hated, it was the cocaine smoking students.

Students like Sanjay Bright and Romayne Kensington. But students like Nikolai and Falcon make things easier and bearable.

In no time she became tired, he wasn't in the school. She would have scene him already, however, there was a couple of times when she picked up his scent. But the moment she did it disappeared like it wasn't there.

Now she is back outside and walking around, hiding from teachers as best as she could.

“Bling!” Tycen who spotted her walking down a flight of stairs called out, he, Falcon and Nikolai are outside. They've also been searching for Vanessa but couldn't find her so, they remained outside to see if she would pass by. And she did.

[We found Cloudberry. Noice.] Akeyla howled shortly, Vanessa rolled her eyes mentally.

She ran over to Tycen and pulled him into the coziest, tightest hug ever. “I missed you baby. I need to watch you more, can't be having these monsters taking you away from me. What would I do if you ever died? I would so die too.”

[Look dork you're going to kill the baby! Let him go and now.] Akeyla sensing Tycen's discomfort told Vanessa who got a little carried away.

“Okay okay that's enough, Ray almost killed me so please don't.” Tycen smiled with tightly locked lips. Vanessa pulled away and apologized awkwardly.