Beautiful Dreamer 11

26-1-2022

Kailina was beyond stressed the last couple of weeks after her battle with Momo. The word had spread quickly of her confusing ability which many were already telling others about, instead with a lot of lies. The kids still viewed her as beneath them, yet some people gazed at her with fear,her powers were beating down her due to this, fear fed her monsters and made them stronger, the nightmares began to morph into her waking hours. It wasn't enough to cause a break in her, but she felt her body shift slightly, itching to get out. Today just seemed like a melancholy day despite how bright the atmosphere seemed to be.

"Today is hero memorabilia day," a young woman stated as Kailina passed by being pulled from her nagging thoughts.

"I wonder who they'll have this year," another student replied.

"Hopefully someone cool,a lot of hero's aren't really worth remembering," a young man added causing the group to chuckle. Kailina was not aware of this special event due to it being her first time in U.A but wondered who they would show as well.

'Must be some encouragement type thing,' she thought while placing her items in her locker heading to the auditorium for the Hero Memorabilia presentation.

"Hi Shouta Kailina," a bubbly voice shouted at her from behind as she looked over her shoulder she saw Momo waving as the other young women in the group tried to stop her or stared at her with disbelief. Kailina waved awkwardly as she continued up the stair way yet a hand grabbed hers holding her in place.

"I was trying to talk," Momo spoke softly holding the two toned hand tightly despite how warm it seemed.

"You did talk," Kailina responded pulling her hand back.

"I'm sorry, did that upset you?," she asked almost causing her to snap yet she observed her realizing it wasn't a mocking tone but a serious question.

" I don't usually just touch people," Kailina responded calmly still trying to process the information Momo was giving with her actions. It was completely different from what Kalina expected, just a couple weeks ago this was her bully, they just got into a fight that even her father felt threatened by enough to tell her how concerned he was, granted she did heal her but she thought the affects of the trauma would wear off. Kailina had already received what she wanted, no bullying and, she assumed ,nobody to bother her or to even deal with her in a friendly mannerism. Momo oozed confidence, curiosity, embarrassment,no matter how Kailina's powers felt her,there was no fear.

'Is this a set up?,' she wondered but their fellow classmates had seemingly abandoned Momo when she approached the young woman who they still held anger and hatred for.

"I was wondering if we could sit next to each other," Momo stated softly looking down at her feet.

'Say no,' Kailina thought except she nodded her head slowly once the deep chocolate orbs fell on her. A smile burst forth on the girls face as she grabbed her hand to pull her behind her, but pauses instead grabbing her by the wrist. On one hand Kailina still didn't like being so close,but at least now less people noticed her and beamed at the cute girl dragging her past them. Coming to the large room Momo quickly pulled her to the front for them to sit as the other students seemed to disburse at the sight of Kailina.

"This is going to be so cool," Momo whispered is a giddy tone that seemed genuine but bothered Kailina. A wave of despair seemed to be bothering her all morning but right now she felt as if she was drowning. The teachers appeared on the stage one by one while students excitedly bustled about getting settled next to friends. Nemu stepped out onto the stage not speaking as everyone slowly began to quiet out of instinct. Looking at the slowly filling stage she saw her father who smiled at her and waved as she did so too,feeling so much closer to him after their talk. Kailina saw Midoriya sit next to Shoto as he beamed at her she waved shyly not going unnoticed by some classmates.