Chapter 2

"Time and Fate have a weird way of playing games.

Try as you may, you will have to play"

***

Chapter 2

"This is why I didn't want to send Aastha anywhere!" A worried Meethali voiced her concern. Sitting on the couch in the living room, Meethali was surrounded by her family, trying to calm down her agitated nerves. Saanvi stepped out of Aastha's room and sauntered over to the living room. "I am sorry thayi ji. I should have been more careful. It's all my fault!!"

"Saanvi beta, what could you possibly do? It's all our fate! It's not your fault, darling." Meethali said, comforting the guilt-laden Saanvi.

"Saanvi, go to your room and rest. It's been a long day, you too must be tired." Kanika, Saanvi's mother said patting her daughter's head. Reluctantly Saanvi got up and strolled towards her room.

"This is the first time she had a seizure during the day. So far, it had always been after waking up from a nightmare. What's happening to my daughter?" Meethali wept. Gouri Devi, Meethali's mother-in-law sat next to her. "Meetha.. It's not safe for Aastha to go to Roopgarh. If you ask me, it's all because of Rudragarh and the curse."

"Maa sa, what are you talking about?" Kanika asked, holding onto Meethali's hand comforting her. "You know exactly what I am talking about! All of this is the curse of that Daayan. Do you not recall the story of Rudragarh that I always tell you? We have been cursed by a Daayan. According to this, no princesses in our family will survive past their youth and no princess will ever be able to marry. In the last 200 years are so, show me a single princess in our clan who lived long enough to marry?"

Kanika and Meethali felt extremely disturbed by Gouri Devi's words. Both the women have been listening to the tale of evil and curses ever since they were married to the royal household.

"Maa sa, please! I beg you. Don't talk about these things... It's hurting. Aastha and Saanvi are all that we have!" Kanika begged, squeezing Meethali's hands who was going through extreme turmoil.

"Nothing can be done! No one can save this clan anymore. And moreover, how could the two of you forget everything that had happened at Rudragarh? I have been telling you all for ages! Talking about Rudragarh in itself is the biggest curse. It's all because of Rajkumari Shivranjani, who brought the biggest evil to Malavar - the Daayan - who ensured that Rudragarh burned down to ashes. And who helped? The princess!! Raja Ratan Rajveer Singh's own daughter. The curse will end when our clan ends... That's what that Daayan wants!" With that, the elderly woman, went back to her room leaving Meethali and Kanika distraught.