Chapter 43

Two days had flown by like a dream for Aastha, and she couldn't deny that she was on cloud nine with Veer by her side and the stunning Umangiri town surrounding her. Her hives were healing, leaving behind just a few scars here and there. Although she had some medicines and creams to apply, she felt good and well.

Even though they hadn't gone far, Veer had taken Aastha to the royal palace of Umangiri. Unfortunately, most of the non-private area was under renovation, so she didn't get to explore it fully. Nonetheless, whatever she saw left her breathless. Veer promised to take her back when everything was sorted so that she could explore without any worries.

But now, it was time to go back to Kasauli, and Aastha had never felt so unenthusiastic about returning to her temporary home there. Although her work was calling her, leaving Veer behind was going to be painful.

Aastha stood sadly on the balcony of the room she had been staying in, which was in Veer's mansion. She had never felt so much at peace anywhere else, not even in Roopgarh, which she thought was her comforting home. She blushed, wondering if there would ever be a day when she could call Veer's mansion her own.

As she leaned against the balcony railing, watching the lush green sanctuary before her, Veer joined her with two cups of coffee. He stood with his back against the railing, facing Aastha, who couldn't help but smile wider as she gazed at him. He handed her a cup of coffee, and as their fingers brushed against each other, Aastha's cheeks flushed a shade darker.

She took a sip of the coffee and felt its warmth comforting her. "I never knew you were such a good cook," she mused, breaking the silence between them.

Veer shrugged. "I've lived in the wild, Aastha. I had to learn how to fend for myself. I never carried my identity with me when I travelled, so I had to learn a few things."

As they stood there on the balcony, sipping on Veer's homemade coffee, they shared bits and pieces of their lives. Laughing, smiling, and teasing each other, their connection grew stronger with each passing moment.

After a while, Aastha sat down on the swing in the corner of the balcony. Veer joined her, and Aastha immediately snuggled against him. "I'm going to miss you," she whispered.

Veer stroked her hair, trying to comfort her. "You'll visit me on weekends, right?" Aastha asked, looking up at him.

"I might be busy."

Aastha sat up, her expression downcast. "So when will I see you again?"

Veer shrugged, "We can video chat during the day."

"But I have work, and I don't like video chats!" Aastha exclaimed, frustration creeping into her voice. "I've spent the last few months video chatting with my family, and it's not the same. It's weird to see each other through screens without being able to touch each other."