Chapter 41

"I'm tired of being cooped up in bed all day!" Aastha whined as Veer typed away on his laptop in the corner

"I'm tired of being cooped up in bed all day!" Aastha whined as Veer typed away on his laptop in the corner. It was almost six in the evening, and Veer had finished most of his work while making sure Aastha rested enough. Despite his efforts, Aastha had grown bored of staying put and pestering Veer all day.

Veer, sighed, "Aastha... you need to rest."

"I'm tired of resting," Aastha groaned, interrupting him. "I want to go out."

"Stepping out can trigger the allergy again." Veer tried to reason shutting his laptop close. Aastha rolled her eyes, "I have enough medicines to keep the reaction in check."

Even with all the pouting and groaning, Aastha looked absolutely adorable. Veer finally gave in, "Okay, let's go out."

Aastha jumped out of bed in excitement, but her body wavered slightly due to the medications. Veer was quick on his feet, securing her in his arms before she could fall. "Sorry," She apologized biting her lips.

Veer glared at her. He had been so worried about her health and he really didn't know how to keep her safe. Aastha noticed his expression and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, gazing into his eyes. Veer's anxiety faded as he looked back at her.

"You have the most stunning eyes," Aastha complimented him, gently stroking the corners of his eyes and his eyebrows.

Veer stilled, every cell of his body coming alive in a passion he didn't know existed in him. "What are you doing to me?" he asked breathlessly as his one hand went up to her face, while the other circled around her waist.

Aastha responded with a smile, "What am I doing? I am just telling you that you have the most gorgeous eyes. They are so captivating that sometimes I feel the urge to just gaze into them forever."

Veer's heart pounded as he struggled to catch his breath. "You need to stop saying things like that, or I won't be able to control myself."

Aastha closed her eyes and leaned until their foreheads touched, savouring the feeling for a moment. Then, she moved closer to him and whispered in his ear, "Who said you have to be in control?"

Veer's grip tightened around her waist as she rested her chin on his chest. "It's not that simple," he admitted.

"Nothing is easy, Veer. It's all about the choices we make."

"But what if some choices aren't ours to make?"

Aastha pulled away enough from their embrace to face Veer while still remaining in his grasp. "I don't believe that. We always have a choice, even if it's choosing to let fate decide. It's still a choice."

"Tell me then, what's your choice?" Veer asked, swallowing the lump in his throat. Why was so beautiful despite all the rashes covering her body? Every time she was around, his heart soared and when she wasn't around, his heart yearned for her. 

Aastha shook her head with a smile, "I won't tell you, Veer. You already know what my choice is. But what about yours?"

If temptation had a name, it had to be Aastha at that moment. Veer was on a thin thread of patience. All he wanted was for everything to be sorted before he let his heart fly in the direction that it wanted. But the princess who stole his heart was a stubborn angel. She knew exactly which buttons to push and make him weak in the knees. How did they end up here?