Chapter 4

"Time is a wheel, it's going to roll and you will never be in control."

Chapter 4

"Welcome, Raja sa." Suraj greeted Vishnu Vardhan Singh at the private entrance of Shakti Mahal. "Oh please, you can always greet me like you used to."

Suraj laughed, "Okay, Vishnu uncle. How have you been?" He asked taking the elder man's blessings. "Great! How are you? How is the business coming along?"

"It's going great Vishnu uncle."

Suraj proceeded to greet and get the blessings of Roopali, Vishnu's wife. "You have grown so tall Suraj!" Roopali remarked.

"Why does everybody keep telling me the same thing!?" Suraj wondered out loud and they broke into laughter.

"Where are the rest of the family? They only sent you to welcome us?" Vishnu noted checking the surroundings as the maids took their luggage inside the palace.

"They are all at Radha Krishna mandir. They are all prepping for maha aarti."

"Oh yes, yes! The temple in the palace campus is as old as this haveli, isn't it?" Roopali asked curiously. Suraj smiled, "Yes, aunty. Overall, the palace and the temple is about 250 and odd years old."

Suraj took them inside the palace to freshen up. Vishnu and Roopali, without taking too much time, joined Suraj to go to the mandir for maha aarti.

"Uncle, where's Vijay and Shivani bhabhi?"

"Since I am here, we needed someone to look after office commitments. But, don't worry, they will come on the day before the inauguration event. " Vishnu informed him.

"What about Veer?" Suraj asked recalling the younger brother of Vijay whom Suraj had met during their childhood.

"He left before us and has still not reached! I don't know what to do about this son of mine." Roopali grumbled in embarrassment. Vishnu rolled his eyes, "Relax Roopa, he will come. He is young, let him live his life a little."

Roopali glared at her husband. After spotting Meethali and Kanika at a distance she rushed towards them leaving her husband with Suraj. Vishnu shook his head "She worries a lot about Veer. He will come soon."

Suraj nodded, "We worry a lot about the people we love a lot. Isn't it uncle?"

Vishnu smiled patting Suraj's back as the two joined the rest of the family. Once the pooja was over, everybody greeted the guests - Vishnu and Roopali with great excitement. Both the families have been great friends and their friendship dates back to two centuries.

The priest who performed the pooja, handed the prasad - plate full of sweets to Aastha to distribute to everyone. Just as Aastha was taking the plate from the priest she heard the loud noise of a bike at a distance. Though momentarily distracted, Aastha ignored the sound and handed the sweets to the guests first. She then distributed it to her family, finally to Kishan and other royal maids.