Monster

Chapter Song: Monster-Skillet

IcyTiger: I bring you the next chapter enjoy! ^-^

I was still sitting on the couch next to L and we were all going through all the information on Raye Penber's death and the more I was there, the more I was feeling guilty about not being able to save him. I could already see Watari handing everyone some ice cream.

He even offered me some ice cream, but I declined his offer. Unfortunately it was because my mask is the way. I can't really eat in front of them, unless...

Nah they would just end up asking questions, but I really dislike being hungry. While I was having my internal struggle with eating, I could faintly acknowledge the fact that someone was calling me. Then I sensed a hand reaching towards my mask.

I grabbed the hand by the wrist and clamped on it tight enough that I'm pretty sure it would leave bruises and turned my eyes to the culprit, L.

I gave a slight glare and said, "What do you think you're doing?"

With the hand that was holding his wrist, I could feel his heart rate pick up.

'Hmm, so he is intimidated by me. He just doesn't show it.'

L looked back at me with a blank stare and said, "You seemed to be asleep, Kitsune."

"I was just lost in my thoughts Ryuzaki.  Why were you reaching for my mask?" I asked him.

"Reaching for your mask meant I had a 78% chance of getting a reaction from you," he told me. "Well you got a reaction what do you want?" I asked him. "Well first can I have my hand back?" he said and I immediately let go of his hand after I noticed I was still holding it. I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

'That's so embarrassing.'

"I also noticed that you have not eaten anything since you got here which was... around 8 hours ago." And right on cue my stomach decided to make its existence known to everyone, and by everyone I mean everyone, could hear my stomach., The Task Force was looking at me now. I know for sure if I took my mask off right now, my face would be beet red at this point.

"Kitsune," Mr.Yagami hesitates before asking, "When was the last time you actually ate something?"

I was quiet for a second and then I decided to tell them the plain truth. "Well...the last time I ate, hehe," I ran my hand through my hair nervously and said very sheepishly, "If I had to say its been around 2 days since I actually ate something."

Everyone just stared in shock at me. "Two days!" yelled Matsuda.

"You should eat something," L said to me. "Nope, to do that I'm gonna need to take off my mask. No way am I doing that, so yeah I'd rather just wait until I leave to eat. I've gone longer without food anyways so 2 days is no big deal. I'll just have something to drink for now."

"Ryuzaki, it's Ukita of the NPA. He says he's on the phone with someone from the tip line who has information for us." L turned to Watari and said, "Right, then give Ukita the number for line 5 and ask him to have the informant call that line instead. It'll be safer that way."  

I gave a sigh of relief since they stopped their pestering for me to eat. 'I was afraid they were gonna stuff food down my throat. Thank you Watari, he unintentionally took me out of the spotlight.'

L then turned to speak to Matsuda, "Mr.Matsuda it's ok for you to turn on your cell phone now, actually please turn it on right away."

"Uh, sure." Then Matsuda took out his cell phone and turned it on and it started ringing. L snatched the phone from Matsuda's hand and answered it, "Yes this is Suzuki head of Kira's investigation public information division." There was a pause that indicated that the other person on the line was speaking then L said, "Raye Penber's fiance?" He turned to Watari and said, "Naomi Misora."