I Fell For A Genius Idiot

No P.O.V

Mizuki was typing furiously on the computer as she was looking up information. The Task Force looked as she was angrily typing into her computer it was a wonder that she hadn't broken it. In reality Mizuki was searching up random topics in a hope that she'd get her mind off of what happened with...L.

The Task Force then all looked towards L as he was turned away from Mizuki and was drinking some coffee. It was obvious that there was a deep tension between them ever since they had come back. "It's been like this for almost a week." Whispered Matsuda to Aizawa.

"I know."

"What do you think happened?" They all went quiet as Mizuki shut her laptop in frustration that everyone looked at her in question before she said, "I'm getting some fresh air. I'll be on the roof if you need me." As Mizuki left the room everyone let out the breathe they were holding in as the tension lessened.

"...Uh Ryuzaki?" Called Matsuda. L paused as he was about to take a drink and he turned his head as he said, "Yes Matsuda?"

"Did something happen between you and Mizuki?" He gave him Masuda a blank stare and said, "What makes you think anything happened?" Everyone gave him looks of disbelief at his answer as Aizawa said, "Oh, I don't know maybe the fact that it looked like she was murdering her laptop and you were both ignoring each other." L took another sip of his coffee and said, "Why do you think that her being angry has anything to do with me?" Everyone gave him an unimpressed look at his question. They all shook their head at him as they let it go and went back to work. Watari just gave L a disapproving look. He squirmed in his seat as he was on the end of that look then he sighed and stood from his seat and started walking in the direction of the roof.

Mizuki P.O.V

I stood on the roof as I started pacing back and forth, eventually I got sick of it and started practicing some fighting moves with a bit of gymnastics thrown in. I continued throwing punches and jabs as I imagined invisible enemies around me. As I threw punches and dodged an invisible enemy fists. I continued with going through the practice as I added some kicks and flipped back to get some space and got back into my fighting stance. Even though I was very tired after that I felt a bit better getting out all of the emotions I've been bottling up ever since the incident that happened. I sighed as I got out of my stance and sat on the ground and laid on my back to look at the dark sky. I threw my arms over my eyes and laid there and tried not to think about it..it...him...that. 'Damn it!'

I felt my face twist into a scowl behind my mask. I threw back my head on the ground in frustration. 'Stupid Kira, stupid L, stupid kiss. I was actually getting the hang of distancing myself and trying not to get close but he goes out and does that. He ruined everything! I can't drag him down and I can't just quit being Kitsune. Not only that but he had the nerve to say that Light's his first friend that he's ever had!'

I felt like pulling my hair out instead I started pacing again as I got up and instead I walked towards the ledge and sat on it and just tried to clear my head and look at the surrounding area. It was full of bright lights and some cars were still out and about. As I looked towards the ground I stood up on the ledge and started walking on it. It was strangely calming to think I'm so close to going splat and dying. I closed my eyes and just relaxed as I felt the breeze go through my short hair. I yelped out in surprise as I felt a hand clamp onto my arm and yank me off the ledge and I nearly tripped on the ground if the same hand weren't still holding on my arm.

"What on the world are you thinking?" Yelled the person. I looked up to se L and a very angry L. His face was still it's blank self but I could see the slight furrow of his eyebrows and narrowing of his eyes which were the most emotional I've seen them. They were angry. I felt all the anger from before start building up again as I glared at him I shook his hand off my arm as I yelled, "What the hell are you talking about?"