Chapter 16

"Let's face it, we are so lost." Jade sighed.

I frowned and looked around.

I may not be the best with directions but I was pretty positive this was the meetup spot. I glanced down at my phone and frowned at the time. It was nearly time for fireworks but Aphrodite and Mackenzie were nowhere to be seen.

After eating breakfast the five of us decided it was time to visit the happiest place on earth. Aphrodite and I gave Kenzie, Jade, and Skylar, some money to spend in the park. We all split up and agreed to meet back here before the fireworks. Jade and Skylar ran off together and I went with Aphrodite and Kenzie but lost them sometime around midday.

After calling them and searching for them I ended up bumping into Jade and Skylar an hour or so after. So I just awkwardly tagged along with them as we looked for Kenzie and Aphrodite, who I concluded were purposely ignoring our calls. Still, I didn't think they would just not meet up with us at night.

"Are you sure it was this place?" Jade asked for the third time.

"Yes, I'm sure." I snap at her.

She huffed and plopped down on a bench. Skylar walked off to find a bathroom leaving me with Jade. Unfortunately.

"What did you do to make her mad?" Jade asked.

"What?"

"Aphrodite wouldn't be purposely ignoring you if you didn't piss her off," Jade said.

"You would know all about purposely ignoring someone," I mumbled.

"Yeah I would, that's how I know she's pissed at you." Jade crossed her arms.

"I don't know! We were fine, all three of us were having a good time. Then Kenzie wanted to go ride the ride again and the line was short so I said I'd go to the next ride and wait in that line while they rode it again. Next thing you know I'm ditched." I grumble.

"Classic," Jade snorted in amusement.

"You know the more you talk, the fewer reasons I find not to ditch you somewhere."

"And you wonder why you were ditched." She shakes her head.

"Please just shut up, for god sake. Shut. Up." I rub my temples.

Jade rolled her eyes and looked into her rather large bag of new stuff, pulling out her new mouse ears with her name on it. She smiled at them and put them on.

"Well, if they miss it, they miss it. Now, mouse ears on. I want a picture." Jade got up and handed me my mouse ears.

I eyed her.

"What? Don't want to take a picture with me?"

"Kind of thought you wouldn't want any pictures with me," I mumble as I put the ears on.

"Hey, you paid for all of this, I think you deserve the credit. We've had our differences but so long as you're not trying to steal my girlfriend then you're cool with me."

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow.

She shrugged and avoided answering by messing with her phone.

I sighed and looked around to make sure Jade and I were indeed alone before saying,

"I guess your not so bad yourself."

She locked eyes with me as if she didn't believe me.

We stared at each other in silence for a moment before she said,

"This is weird."

"You started it." I point out.

"Fine, then I'll finish it. I'm sorry I've made your life a living hell sometimes. Although in my defense you had it coming sometimes,"