The Climax.

The tension that was in the air was heavy as Christian and his men stepped foot into the dining room. He could feel numerous pairs of eyes practically burn a hole into him with each step he took. Stares that he knew were filled with hatred and envy...even lust with the wayJihyun's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree once she saw him.

To think at one point he loved to see her excited to see him once made him happy. He was a bit foolish back then, he could admit that. But his past had already been written in stone. It is what it is at this point.

"Son, I'm happy you decided to actually come. I was starting to think I'd have to send someone to come find you," Spoke a voice that Christian hadn't heard in years. A voice that used to haunt him during his weakest moments. A voice that was the main cause in his cruel ways. "I see you brought your brother as well," He acknowledges, turning his gaze onto the man right behind his oldest child.

"Father," Taro bit out almost venomously. How his fingers itched to just sever that old bastard's head from his neck. A mere sperm donor was all that he was.

A knowingly dark smile spread across his face, being well aware of how his sons practically loathed him but it was something he never seemed to care about. He made them who they were. And as much as they both would like to pretend he didn't exist, till this day he still held so much control over them as he always knew he would.

He owned them.

"Please, join the rest of us. There is much to discuss," He tells them. Holding his out towards the only few available seats at the large table.

Christian sent a quick look towards Taro, just as he did the same. Both made sure the other kept themselves in check, before taking their respective seats.

A few seconds passed as everyone remained quiet, all realizing what this meeting meant. Christian sat with a look and demeanor that was very much unfazed. He already accepted the many ways that this could god but one thing he knew for certain was that tonight someone was dying by the end of it.

For the first time, Christian allowed his eyes to look over those who had joined them. While his father, Ronin, sat at the head of the table in a chair that was ironically fit for a king, next to him was Kai whose dark eyes stared back into his own, with his signature sword strapped to his back, sending Christian a clear message. Next to him sat Jihyun who had yet to shift her attention to anyone else but him. And for a second, Christian stared back at her, taking in her appearance. He noted how tired she looked. Though she dressed nicely with her hair and makeup done to perfection, Christian could see clear as day that she was not happy.

In fact, she looked almost miserable.

Still, he could not bring himself to find joy in that. Yes, she may have vile ways and have done things to hurt the woman he considers to be his soulmate, he could not hate her. She was the mother of his firstborn and for that, he would still have some type of respect for her. Despite everything, they've been through.

Beside her was her father, Guiren, looking a bit confused as he stared at Carter, wondering why he was here. And the fact that it was him who gave away their location when they had captured Brooklyn. He still had a bone to pick with someone he knew better than to trust.

Taro soon found himself rolling his eyes in bordem. If it was up to him, this meeting would have ended before it started. What the fuck did they need to talk for?

"Before we start," Ronin begins, picking up a glass filled with liquor and taking a quick sip. "I heard what you've done to Okada and I must say while I am impressed, you know you could've just come and talked to me directly, yes?"