Bambi.

Brooklyn barely stepped out of the bathroom when she spotted a now heavy-breathing and sweaty Christian sitting up in their bed looking every bit of the word distraught.

She watched quietly as he pushed back his wet hair and ran his hands down his face, trying to make sense of whatever caused him to wake up so suddenly.

"Bad dream?" Brooklyn softly questions, catching Christian's attention. His once scared expression seemed to wash away once his gaze landed on her figure still standing in the doorframe of the bathroom.

Christian's heavy breaths seemed to even out the longer he took in the appearance of the very woman who only seconds ago, he believed he had lost forever. "The reception...I thought...I thought I was too late," He explains in a raspy tone, pushing the rest of the covers away from his body. Licking his lips, Christian stood up and quietly made his way towards Brooklyn who made a few steps forward of her own.

"Someone had managed to get too close and went straight for you. I thought I had failed to protect you," Christian reveals, pulling Brooklyn towards him and squeezing her tightly.

Brooklyn released a low hum, realizing what he was referring to. "They tried, however, your men and Taro's wiped them out before they had the chance to do what they intended," Brooklyn reminds him as she slowly ran her fingertips down Christian's back. Not at all fazed that this man was butt-ass naked. "Everyone is fine. I promise,"

Releasing a deep breath, Christian burrowed his face into the nap of her neck, allowing her sweet scent to fill his nose. "It felt so real. I'm sor-"

"Stop." Brooklyn swiftly says, cutting his unnecessary apology short. "Before I even said the words 'I Do', I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm aware of what comes with this life, just like I'm aware of how safe and protected I am," She reassures him, placing soft kisses along his shoulder. "Plus I'm no damsel in distress, you've taught me well."

A low chuckle slipped past Christian's lips as he stood back up to his full height and looked down at his wife and her attire of choice for the first time since he woke up. "You weren't wearing this when we went to bed..." He trails off, remembering Brooklyn lying next to him in one of the many shirts she had stolen from him. Now here she was looking like a temptress in some floral print mesh lingerie set he had never seen before.

"I did. It was just underneath," She smirks, running both her hands down Christian's arms. "You like it?"

For a minute, Christian remained silent as his dark eyes looked from her painted toenails, up to the thickness of her thighs and the dip of her waist to the fullness of her breast and straight to the most beautiful face he had ever had the pleasure of seeing. He was convinced that Brooklyn had to be a goddess in human form.

Anything she wanted, he would give her. No questions asked. Brooklyn and his kids were indeed the most precious gift he had ever had the pleasure of receiving. One of pure love...love that made him shed a few tears on their wedding day.

"I'm so blessed to have you. I don't think there are enough words to express how grateful I am for you." Christian professes while using one of his hands to caress the side of her smiling face. "Always and forever I got you,"

"I got you too, Ian. I mean it," She quickly counters back, wanting Christian to know she had meant her vows just as much as he did. Her mind seemed to replay the time she ran from him, believing he was too good to be true. She had almost convinced herself that Christian was too much for her. Luckily for her, fate had other plans...plans that landed her right back in his presence.

Now here she was deeply in love and married to the man she knew was the love of her life. Everything they had been through had been worth it.

Glancing at the clock on the wall, Christian realized that the sun would be up in two hours. It was day three of fourteen of their honeymoon In Indonesia and he planned to enjoy every single second of it.